2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid AWD, Desert Gold
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded the latest version, 3.4.21194 , from the Ford website. Does anyone know what was fixed (or broken) in this latest release? Will this also update the maps?

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,315 Posts
1) It fixes the issues with Sirius (busted travel link, XM constantly going off line when the station is changed.
2) Fixes a problem with flashing station select buttons some were seeing.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I put this on some other forums when asked about it what changed with the voice file:

As is typical, when this is rev'd there are numerous new commands added, like 'go home', that folks are trying to use but don't work in older releases. Other quality of life items like re-wording a prompt to be more helpful, added error catches (like trying to launch CP/AA by voice which the system doesn't support), or directing the system to a new path to improve the UX.

Other items are fixes or improvements for ~1,000 names for better recognition, fixes for contacts stored with emojis where it may not have generated all the correct variants, added flexibility for recognizing commands like 'call mom' if a contact is stored as 'mom & dad' or 'mom / dad' in the phonebook. These would need a phonebook update to trigger. Easiest method is to update a contact on the phone, or re-pair.

If you've run into the scenario of having a partial map update with the missing nav voice pack, you'll now get an error prompt telling you to complete the map update if it detects that it's missing.
This shouldn't hit any Escape as they never shipped with v3.3, but it's there anyway in case of some OTA map update problem, etc.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
LOL.... your car is a dog.
I've always used "Take me home" on Sync 3.

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid with Premium Package Agate Black Metallic with Black Leather
70 Posts
I put this on some other forums when asked about it what changed with the voice file:

As is typical, when this is rev'd there are numerous new commands added, like 'go home', that folks are trying to use but don't work in older releases. Other quality of life items like re-wording a prompt to be more helpful, added error catches (like trying to launch CP/AA by voice which the system doesn't support), or directing the system to a new path to improve the UX.

Other items are fixes or improvements for ~1,000 names for better recognition, fixes for contacts stored with emojis where it may not have generated all the correct variants, added flexibility for recognizing commands like 'call mom' if a contact is stored as 'mom & dad' or 'mom / dad' in the phonebook. These would need a phonebook update to trigger. Easiest method is to update a contact on the phone, or re-pair.

If you've run into the scenario of having a partial map update with the missing nav voice pack, you'll now get an error prompt telling you to complete the map update if it detects that it's missing.
This shouldn't hit any Escape as they never shipped with v3.3, but it's there anyway in case of some OTA map update problem, etc.
I downloaded this in the morning and my sirius travel link stuff is fixed. My biggest issue with the last version was sirius radio not working after a restart. Hopefully that is resolved with this update.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I downloaded this in the morning and my sirius travel link stuff is fixed. My biggest issue with the last version was sirius radio not working after a restart. Hopefully that is resolved with this update.
It is.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
LOL.... your car is a dog.
I've always used "Take me home" on Sync 3.
Yeah there's a pretty long tail of command styles even for the most common ways to route to home/work. Though that's the case for all the features really.

·
Registered
2021 Sport Hybrid FWD SE
145 Posts
Any suggestions if I'm on an old version and WiFi says I'm on the newest? I have the option to USB it but I don't even have a USB stick....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
What version does "About Sync" say you're on?
You only need a 2 GB thumb drive for this and 16 GB are less than $10 USD.

·
Registered
2020 Escape SEL 2.0L AWD
38 Posts
My update today via USB to the latest version completed successfully in about 30 minutes, and shows the latest build # info. I don't find the expected XML file to use on the download page to indicate to Ford that I had done the update and then to not indicate that there is a new version available (until the next one that is). Do others find that their update didn't generate the expected XML file?

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid with Premium Package Agate Black Metallic with Black Leather
70 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Also, friendly reminder to enable the diagnostics option in the settings menu. In case something crashes, like Sirius, it'll send in a report automatically when it hits WiFi (if you have it connected). Yu can also send manual bug reports through the same settings menu.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yep. The option to send in failed voice command recordings is there as well. That's generally where all the new additions / improvements come from, so if you use the system that's how to contribute to it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My update today via USB to the latest version completed successfully in about 30 minutes, and shows the latest build # info. I don't find the expected XML file to use on the download page to indicate to Ford that I had done the update and then to not indicate that there is a new version available (until the next one that is). Do others find that their update didn't generate the expected XML file?
Same here, no XML file. Last time I did an update no file either but my status on the Ford Owners site updated correctly. Not sure it's needed anymore.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid
7 Posts
Also, friendly reminder to enable the diagnostics option in the settings menu. In case something crashes, like Sirius, it'll send in a report automatically when it hits WiFi (if you have it connected). Yu can also send manual bug reports through the same settings menu.
Is there any technical improvements planned like moving between settings are smoother, less car play sound cut outs and overall stability? My 2020 escape hybrid titanium is very glitchy especially with the audio. The dealer says too hopefully Ford is planning to integrate module updates with OTA updating to I don’t know how true that is….

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Is there any technical improvements planned like moving between settings are smoother, less car play sound cut outs and overall stability? My 2020 escape hybrid titanium is very glitchy especially with the audio. The dealer says too hopefully Ford is planning to integrate module updates with OTA updating to I don’t know how true that is….
There are generally always improvements for things like stability, etc. I just don't tend to follow anything specific as it's out of my lane unless it was a major thing, like TravelLink being broken.

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
28 Posts
I was able to get the update applied over the air with no issues. It did take a day or so to get it downloaded and applies.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
9 Posts
I was able to get the update applied over the air with no issues. It did take a day or so to get it downloaded and applies.
ScottN: A little off topic, but how do you get your OTA updates? Mine has been downloading for days, progress bar moving ever so slowly. I am connected to my home wifi and the signal is good in the garage where I park. Obviously my vehicle is turned off then. TIA!

·
Registered
70 Posts
ScottN: A little off topic, but how do you get your OTA updates? Mine has been downloading for days, progress bar moving ever so slowly. I am connected to my home wifi and the signal is good in the garage where I park. Obviously my vehicle is turned off then. TIA!
I think you have to leave the vehicle on. Disable the setting for 30 minute idle limit. Then manually check for updates and it will begin to download. Make sure anything that might cause the engine to turn on is off. That's how I have done it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts