2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I thought I'd finally sign up for the forums here. I've been lurking reading posts, reviews and ideas for a few months now.

After a good deal of shopping, comparing, and researching, I decided to buy a 2017 Escape SE AWD. I originally wanted the 1.5 EcoBoost, but found a deal I couldn't pass up on the 2.0, and am mostly happy that I did so (I do still wish it did a bit better on fuel economy, but I guess with all the power you get, you do have to make some sacrifices).

I grew up a die-hard Chevy guy, but after a decade of fighting wildland fire and driving just about every new rig from all the major manufacturers, Ford really started to win me over. (I still am very fond of the new F-550s. I think their drive quality is unsurpassed for a heavy duty work truck.) I eventually decided to buy a Ford Fusion, and then upgraded to a 2WDF-150 with the 3.5 EB to haul a travel trailer to a new job. I recently decided that I didn't need the power that the F-150 had, but did need AWD, comfort and fuel economy for the long commutes that come with living in a small rural town (everywhere is 2 hours minimum), but needed something my two dogs could fit in - so I picked up my '17 Escape.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the platform from you all, and hope to be able to share some useful information of my own.

Here's the first picture of it after the obligatory run through some muddy stuff to get approval from the pups.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nice! That's the way to use an Escape. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome to these lands!

Please fill out this introductory questionnaire. It's complete standard and not weird at all.

1. What are the names of your puppies?
2. What is the significance of the numbers 11784? Maybe a birthday or wedding (11-7-1984)?
3. Which is better, green or the number 7?
4. What do you think of the cat name, "Hot Dog the Mystical Raccoon" and the impact it would have in a Vet's office?

Thank you.

Reactions: johngriggs

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to these lands!

Please fill out this introductory questionnaire. It's complete standard and not weird at all.

1. What are the names of your puppies?
2. What is the significance of the numbers 11784? Maybe a birthday or wedding (11-7-1984)?
3. Which is better, green or the number 7?
4. What do you think of the cat name, "Hot Dog the Mystical Raccoon" and the impact it would have in a Vet's office?

Thank you.
1. The pups are Marley (no relation to the movie, I've never seen it), and Kona. They approved of the purchase, it's easier to get into the Escape than hopping up on the tailgate.
2. It is indeed a birthday, but everyone always guesses the wrong one.
3. Definitely green, 10 is my lucky number.
4. I feel like that cat's name should somehow belong in a new Guardians of the Galaxy movie. The impact of it on your standard vet's office would most likely produce a few blank stares.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.