2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Next Turn in Cluster Display

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Gryffindor101 
#1 ·
Having an issue on my 2013 FE Ti with Nav. I have navigation set to display the next turn in the cluster display (so the next turn replaces the car graphic). It works, but gets disabled with every ignition cycle. I have this setting:

Settings -> Display -> Navigation -> Always on

But it changes to "Always off" after each start.

Anyone aware of a firmware update that addresses this? Just wanting to be armed with all information before going to dealer. Thanks.

#6 ·
I'm also an iPhone user and wish the integration was better. No contact photos for phone calls, no voice texting through MFT (without handling your phone and having the car treat it like a call). Very intrigued by Apple CarPlay, but likely too much to hope for that compatibility to be offered as an upgrade for existing models.

#10 ·
Hasn't yet happened on the Escape but on the Focus, every once in a while, I'd get a message popping up telling me that no navigation card was detected. I'd pull over, pop-out the SD card, re-seat it and it would all be OK for another month or two.

Yes, was aware of the recent changes to having the favs saved but I still don't want to have to input my faves twice. Once in the iPhone and again in the Ford. Also, when I use another vehicle (like my wife's), I won't have my favs with me. When I sell or trade, I will have to do it all over again.

Someday, this won't be an issue but for now, I've given up on Ford's navigation system.

#11 · (Edited)
That's too bad. While I'm a Garmin fan from waaaay back, I really like the nav system, plus the next-turn in the instrument panel is handy. Saving a fav in Nav doesn't take me long.

It reminds me of advance work to get benefits from some computer/tablet programs/apps. Frinstance, I'm using Dashlane as a password manager that logs you onto sites (and does other stuff), but first had to input passwords for all the password protected sites I visit. It was a process, and even now I'll go to a site I hadn't input, and then pop back to Dashlane to enter the data. So it takes some time and effort but then, voila, easy peazy. <--- technical term

I know it's not exactly the same, just reminded me of it...

#12 ·
That's too funny. I had exactly the same experience. I use eWallet and took two weeks to move everything over to it a few years ago. I'm constantly afraid that they'll get out of the business and I'll have to do it all over again!

Btw, Navigon is a Garmin product :) and like you, I've been using Garmins since the very first portable units were available.

I also find that I'm more likely to find a POI with Navigon than I am with the Ford system. On long trips, I'll sometimes bring up the Ford nav screen and zoom way out and use the iPhone for detailed navigation in the city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.