2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford escape AWD titanium
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my SCT X4 tuner from unleashed a few weeks ago and everything's been good I also got my spark plugs with it the NGK one step colder I just want to mention I'm sure it's been mentioned before but these are not pregapped all of mine came at 040-in gap so now I used to use the little coin thingy but on this one actually use real feeler gauges and I got mine to 030 I think unleashed tuning said to do 028 but I've always found in every prior boost build that those recommendations are always a little small like on my last vortec I think the recommended was like 030 and I ran 040 and never had spark plug blowout but I think I was only running 9 PSI on that one and this one will go a little higher so I'm going to go 030 see how it runs and I might go up and increments of 0.002 until I get blow out to see what the largest I can get is. Also I've decided to do the eBay lift but I'm only doing 30 mm so I'll let you know how that goes and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the atturo trailblade XT as my off-road tire. So it's a lesser known brand and tire but I can get it with my 18-in rims without paying a butt load and it's more of a focus for on-road performance but can do some off-road which is what I want and it's only I believe 1.8 in taller than the stock tire and I believe it's the same width if not it's 10 in wide instead of 9.25 in wide

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So probably just going to stick with my 030 gap it's not that big of a deal and it's actually what Ford had them gapped at The plugs that I took out. Probably not gonna change the spark plug Gap trying to find the optimal gap right now because I've other s*** going on especially with finals coming up right now anyways I just wanted to give a little picture of the spark plugs that I took out looked pretty good to me feel free to share your thoughts but if you do please try to know what you're talking about. The pictures are in the firing order so cylinder one first yada yada

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
So probably just going to stick with my 030 gap it's not that big of a deal and it's actually what Ford had them gapped at The plugs that I took out. Probably not gonna change the spark plug Gap trying to find the optimal gap right now because I've other s*** going on especially with finals coming up right now anyways I just wanted to give a little picture of the spark plugs that I took out looked pretty good to me feel free to share your thoughts but if you do please try to know what you're talking about. The pictures are in the firing order so cylinder one first yada yada
Plugs look very good..NGK now has Ruthenium spark plugs they claim are best for turbo engines..the PSPE electrode is the one for turbo's and supercharged engines...I haven't tried them yet, but will when I need plugs...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to look that up not really sure how much more you can do with plugs I mostly just try to make sure that the heat range is right and get my gap right I just went with the NGKs cuz that's what unleashed had on there for this engine I think before that I was running the brisk silver ones forget the name the ones that MMR sold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts