2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Titanium Escape and when I scroll though either trip 1 or trip 2 in the drivers information center the digital speedometer never appears as I scroll though the Distance to E, Trip odometer, Trip timer, Average fuel w/submenus, and the All value screen. Anyone else have this trouble?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there isn't a digital speedometer in the normal instrumentation. The only thing I've found is when you set the cruise control it will digitally read out the speed at the top of the cluster. you can increment it up and down in 1 mph increments and it seems to be quite accurate but that's the only thing I'm aware of.

·
Registered
103 Posts
doesn't exist to my knowledge. Closest thing to it is if you set the cruise it shows speed set at, as well as when you cancel it it still displays, so you will know what speed you will be resuming to should you hit resume

Edit: yea, what he said right above me LOL

·
Registered
269 Posts
The MFT version on the escape is a little more limited than other Ford Vehicles. Like on the Fusion or in the Lincoln MKX, you get a few more options, like digital RPM, digital fuel consumption, and a few other little options we don't have.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You can display a digital speedometer by accessing the diagnostic mode on the information screen:
On the steering wheel controls on the left, hold OK Button and the Right Arrow button at the same time for about 5 secs.
*Start the vehicle while continuing to hold steering control buttons.
*You are now in test mode.
*Use the up/down arrows on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll though the options.
*To return to normal operation, shut down and restart car.

Reactions: tech4cars

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can display a digital speedometer by accessing the diagnostic mode on the information screen:
On the steering wheel controls on the left, hold OK Button and the Right Arrow button at the same time for about 5 secs.
*Start the vehicle while continuing to hold steering control buttons.
*You are now in test mode.
*Use the up/down arrows on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll though the options.
*To return to normal operation, shut down and restart car.
Awesome! Thanks for the instructions.

We call it engineering mode on the G8 :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
not so good

I too have a new 2014 Escape. I was VERY disappointed with no digital speedometer because the test car they gave me HAD ONE! Yes, if you get the 4WD Titanium you will likely get a digital speedo. I only got the 2WD, all other bells and whistles. I feel a little betrayed as none of the salesmen either knew about this or told me. Nobody came out and told me it did have a digital speedo, I saw it on the vehicle I first and second looked at, so assumed it would be on all vehicles, especially the titanium. Not good Ford! :(

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Your Escape must be a job1 2014 built before December of 2013. All 2014 job2s built after December of 2013 will have the digital speedo.
Mark

·
Registered
562 Posts
Why all the hub-bub about about the digital speedo?
I'm perfectly content with my analog gauges, and even if I had the digital, I would rarely, if ever use it.
(But I would love to see boost, volts, and oil pressure readouts, or even actual gauges)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why all the hub-bub about about the digital speedo?
I'm perfectly content with my analog gauges, and even if i had the digital, i would rarely, if ever use it.
(but i would love to see boost, volts, and oil pressure readouts, or even actual gauges)
why not??

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
... I feel a little betrayed as none of the salesmen either knew about this or told me. Nobody came out and told me it did have a digital speedo, I saw it on the vehicle I first and second looked at, so assumed it would be on all vehicles, especially the titanium. Not good Ford! :(
Let me document your feedback, bacstax. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll make sure this experience is documented for review.

Ashley

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
I'm perfectly content with my analog gauges, and even if I had the digital, I would rarely, if ever use it.
(But I would love to see boost, volts, and oil pressure readouts, or even actual gauges)

My only reasoning if I can get it would be when I travel to Canada, its easier to read the digital readout, than looking behind the needle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You might be surprised. That's what I used to think but my last three cars have had a digital speedo and after you get used to it you REALLY like it. I can't say how much I wish my Escape had it.
Michael in Arizona

·
Registered
4 Posts
hub-bub

My hub-bub about he digital speedo was two fold.

(1) it was in the vehicles I looked at, but missing from the one I purchased
(2) When driving, the steering wheel covers part of the speedo, so I found the digial a good option and could be cycled easily.

It is what it is, but it is also a pity nobody pointed out the difference as I was shopping.

Thanks for the explanation leadmic

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
My hub-bub about he digital speedo was two fold.

(1) it was in the vehicles I looked at, but missing from the one I purchased
(2) When driving, the steering wheel covers part of the speedo, so I found the digial a good option and could be cycled easily.

It is what it is, but it is also a pity nobody pointed out the difference as I was shopping.

Thanks for the explanation leadmic
on your (2), when I set up my self in the vehicle, I take into count adjusting the steering wheel so I have clear view of all my gauges.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Hub Bub is I just want what the owners manual says I should have. Very carefully reading the manual describes the message center displays that are available on "All Vehicles" then goes on to talk about displays that are optional. If I'm wrong that a digital speedometer is part of some option I'd like Ford to tell me which option I should have ordered to get it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My old Fusion had the Speedo in the center, and with the digital speedo in the Escape, it is a lot easier to jump into as it's in the same place. Plus, with the placement of the Speedo in the Escape, your hand can block the view sometimes.

Never thought I would use it, now that is what I usually leave it on unless the weather is bad, then I put the 4WD display on.

Or if I get bored, put the Quad Screen on and see if I can keep the Instant Econ and 99.9!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Hub Bub is I just want what the owners manual says I should have. Very carefully reading the manual describes the message center displays that are available on "All Vehicles" then goes on to talk about displays that are optional. If I'm wrong that a digital speedometer is part of some option I'd like Ford to tell me which option I should have ordered to get it.
There are about 3 different threads going in regards to the instrument cluster. As of now, I have confirmed that ALL 3 trim levels of Job 2 (Dec 2013 and later) Escapes have the digital speedometer. As of now, there is NO update to get the digital speedo after the fact for Job 1 (earlier than Dec 2013) Escapes.

I just had the latest update installed, and it did give me the instant MPG, but no other enhancements. My dealer is currently looking into it, as a few other dealers are.

Also, maybe a mod can consolidate these threads? :)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts