2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Any news on this? Quite frustrated. Just bought my 2014 FE yesterday...Trip timer is worthless.
Noticed this is you very first post ArtVandelay - so, welcome aboard! When was your ride built?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got my 2014 Titanium almost 2 months ago. it was a sept build which means job#1 for 2014 builds and did not have the speedo or instant mpg. I haven't gone back to the dealer yet but the only thing I can do is ask if they can update the instrument cluster/quad screen. I don't know if a job1 can get the speedo or not (I've gotten confused with all the posts).

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes, it can be updated. Mine was earlier this year.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I got my 2014 Titanium almost 2 months ago. it was a sept build which means job#1 for 2014 builds and did not have the speedo or instant mpg. I haven't gone back to the dealer yet but the only thing I can do is ask if they can update the instrument cluster/quad screen. I don't know if a job1 can get the speedo or not (I've gotten confused with all the posts).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
So you now have the digital speedometer? What complaint did you give that they could bill the time back to Ford for the time spent reprogramming your Escape?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happen to me, test drove a couple of escapes with the speedo display and after finding the color I wanted didn't notice that it didn't come with it.
I just got my escape 2 days ago, so came here looking for answers. Guess I'll still be waiting with everyone else.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Received the following email today from Ford.

[FONT=&quot]"This is a follow-up message, as we have further information in regards to this matter that we wish to apprise you of. As previously communicated, we have escalated your inquiry to our Technical Subject Matter Expert. Upon a thorough review of available resources, due to your vehicle being built prior to November 22nd was manufactured without the digital display. You can request the dealership to attempt reprogramming the vehicle at your expense, however it is not guaranteed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company."[/FONT]
The last sentence in their answer really instills confidence to let the dealer tweek the programming :eek:

·
Registered
317 Posts
So you now have the digital speedometer? What complaint did you give that they could bill the time back to Ford for the time spent reprogramming your Escape?
No, sorry for the misstatement. I meant to say I got the fuel gauge update it included the instant MPG update, etc. A digital speed counter is part of the cruise control, but it is linked to the cruise control when it is activated.

If the dealer has to do an update for another reason (TSB) it will update anything else that at the same time. A least that was my experience.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,431 Posts
Any more information on this?

the digital speedometer can be enabled by reprogrammed the latest IPC and enabled it from special config from IDS,only reprogram the IPC will not enabled it by default.
Like build number on the IPC update and where the tech has to go to flip this on?

It's hard to get most dealers to check and verify if there is a newer version of the firmware out there, let alone do the research on how to do a non-standard config change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like build number on the IPC update and where the tech has to go to flip this on?

It's hard to get most dealers to check and verify if there is a newer version of the firmware out there, let alone do the research on how to do a non-standard config change.
the new IPC firmware version for a Chinese model escape is DV4T-10849-RGA

I am not sure whether this apply to a US model.

I read from our forum,there are some UI changes after upgrade to this new IPC firmware,like the a progress bar when a door is not closed.

for how to enable speedo via VCM,please look the picture from below link

http://www.xcar.com.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=21620078

I know you not able to read the chinese words,but just remmber the highlight menu position in the list

it should be:moudle program-> programable parameter -> vehicle setting -> Special Function, -- Digital Speedo Configuration

then just follow the wizard to enable the feature.

Do remmber when the wizard ask do you have a GPS ,choose NO,other you lose the direction display in font of your mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just took my 2014 Escape in for the 15C06 instrument panel recall. The digital speedometer that has been there since I bought the vehicle new, is no longer available. It was there, between the Average MPG and the screen that has four windows with mpg, trip odometer, etc. Not anymore. Ugh. First-world problems :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any updates of anyone getting the digital mph? My wife bought a 2014 two weeks ago, and I just bought one today and on way home today I found out mine does not display the mph like my wifes and I really would like to have it.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Any updates of anyone getting the digital mph? My wife bought a 2014 two weeks ago, and I just bought one today and on way home today I found out mine does not display the mph like my wifes and I really would like to have it.
2014 Job 1 Escapes don't have the digital speedo, Job 2 ones do, but an IPC update may disable it. Job 1 are 1st half year production date or so, job 2 are later in the model year run.

So much to determine without any info other than 2014.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2014 Job 1 Escapes don't have the digital speedo, Job 2 ones do, but an IPC update may disable it. Job 1 are 1st half year production date or so, job 2 are later in the model year run.

So much to determine without any info other than 2014.
Mine is a job1 as it was built in 9/13, and after searching on this forum tonight I have gathered they did not come with the digital speedometer, but wanted to know if anyone has succesfully got a service tech to install it? From all what I can gather is that ford has no interest in making this available, but some of the service techs can be pretty sharp.
thanks

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Job 1s don't have the same module as Job 2s (not just a software update), I suppose if you were to try a Job 2 cluster, you might have a shot at some success, but that's not a very cost effective way to go, and I haven't heard of anyone going that route.

I'm in the same boat, was able to get the quad screen, but no speedo...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just take her keys.
Hmmmmmm....... tempting, but a happy a wife is a happy life, so nogo on that one 0:)

I can get a job2 cluster for $50, so might be worth a try. I hope the odometer will ready correctly if I swap the cluster. Anyone know if it is stored in the computer rather than the cluster?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,218 Posts
61 - 80 of 100 Posts