2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bummer, it looks like the odometer will not read correctly. I can get one off by 3K miles, so it still might be worth a try.....

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,218 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to fix my screen? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Its a 2013 Ford Escape.
Looks like either screen failure or worst case the underlying electronics/chips that 'drive' the screen have failed.

This thread http://www.fordescape.org/forum/electronics-audio-lighting/70282-2013-escape-dash-display-bad.html gets into a good explanation of how one member fixed a failed screen in spite of complications relating to how the odometer data is integrated into the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster).

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had digital speedo when I first got 2017 escape. Then just had oil change and when they reset oil they messed with other settings and list it. Took mmw a wk but I found it. Go to trip 1 and hit either the up or down arrow. Mine came ight up. H

·
Registered
6 Posts
Digital Speed

Hi All,
New member, first response.
I can confirm that on my 2018 SEL, that when in Trip1 mode, a digital speedometer is available. simply scroll thru the options.
I happen to love it.
Regards
Jeff

·
Registered
2014 SE 1.6 Ecoboost Sync2
22 Posts
There are about 3 different threads going in regards to the instrument cluster. As of now, I have confirmed that ALL 3 trim levels of Job 2 (Dec 2013 and later) Escapes have the digital speedometer. As of now, there is NO update to get the digital speedo after the fact for Job 1 (earlier than Dec 2013) Escapes.

I just had the latest update installed, and it did give me the instant MPG, but no other enhancements. My dealer is currently looking into it, as a few other dealers are.

Also, maybe a mod can consolidate these threads? :)
What update did you install? MFT? I updated but I still don't have Instant MPG. Thx

·
Registered
347 Posts
We no longer have our '14 Titanium, but it came from the factory without the digital speedo. (purchased 9/2013) Based upon a thread I read here way back when, I mentioned to the dealer that the miles to empty was way off, they updated some software to fix that, and one nice result was the digital speedo (which I knew about). I think it also added the instant mpg. Foggy brain this evening, it's been several years since we have owned that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have just purchased a 2013 SEL 2.0L - 35k miles!. I do not have the Quad Screen or the current firmware update (but will be going to the dealer soon to request the update...among other things!) So, from what I have read, because the build date is 08/2012, I will have the Job1 version and will not be able to update to the Digital Speedometer. Is this a hardware issue or a software? I have read that some are switching out the dash for a Job2 version, but the connections are plug and play. I am just trying to understand if there is anything I can do outside of the dealer to have the Speedo as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can display a digital speedometer by accessing the diagnostic mode on the information screen:
On the steering wheel controls on the left, hold OK Button and the Right Arrow button at the same time for about 5 secs.
*Start the vehicle while continuing to hold steering control buttons.
*You are now in test mode.
*Use the up/down arrows on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll though the options.
*To return to normal operation, shut down and restart car.
What do you do following the restart? Do you then let go of both buttons? I have tried this "reset" a couple of different ways and my MPH still has not returned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 2014 Ford Escape recently, and it just dawned on me that I can't display the digital speedometer through the trip screen on the instrument cluster. I did some Googlin' and it turns out "job 1" didn't have the feature, while "job 2" did, evidently mine must have been a "job 1."

1) I was hearing that people found a solution by just replacing the instrument cluster from the 2015 model, which has it on all trim levels. Anyone who has done this, was there any programming required other than matching the odometer reading? Is there any online service that does this conversion so all you have to do is 'plug n play'?

1A) I noticed the instrument cluster is actually two pieces; has anyone just changed the display/LCD and had the digial speedo appear? This seems like it would save me time since it wouldn't require any reprogramming, but from the sounds of it, the screen is just a screen and the real guts are in the rest of the instrument panel..

2) I have also noticed that most of the digital speedo talk occurred when Sync3 didn't exist. Does anyone who have the sync 3 conversion kit (installed on their original sync2 ford escape) NOT have a digital speedometer? I'm thinking perhaps when I upgrade to sync3 that the digital speedometer feature might just appear, or maybe that's a fantasy and they are truly separate features.

Context: this is what a digital speedometer looks like: Digital Speedometer on Ford Escape

Any help is appreciated. I know it's small, but having a digital speedometer is a huge selling point for me. My old car had it and I just assumed this would, too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the new IPC firmware version for a Chinese model escape is DV4T-10849-RGA

I am not sure whether this apply to a US model.

I read from our forum,there are some UI changes after upgrade to this new IPC firmware,like the a progress bar when a door is not closed.

for how to enable speedo via VCM,please look the picture from below link

http://www.xcar.com.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=21620078

I know you not able to read the chinese words,but just remmber the highlight menu position in the list

it should be:moudle program-> programable parameter -> vehicle setting -> Special Function, -- Digital Speedo Configuration

then just follow the wizard to enable the feature.

Do remmber when the wizard ask do you have a GPS ,choose NO,other you lose the direction display in font of your mileage.
Do you have a link to the software used in that screenshot? I don't want to download the wrong thing. If you have a link to what device to buy to connect, that would be helpful too!

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,782 Posts
Do you have a link to the software used in that screenshot? I don't want to download the wrong thing. If you have a link to what device to buy to connect, that would be helpful too!
I merged your new thread with this existing thread you had replied in

·
Registered
2013 SE AWD 2.0T
15 Posts
Bit of a thread dig here but is the Cluster software a dealer only thing or can it be done via Forscan?

I have (what I assume to be) a Job1 2013 Escape (I’ll check my build date in the morning)
not hopeful for the digital speedo based on this but I’d love to just get the quad display!

edit: yup Job1 08/12

·
Registered
2013 SE AWD 2.0T
15 Posts
Bit of a thread dig here but is the Cluster software a dealer only thing or can it be done via Forscan?

I have (what I assume to be) a Job1 2013 Escape (I’ll check my build date in the morning)
not hopeful for the digital speedo based on this but I’d love to just get the quad display!

edit: yup Job1 08/12
So I was playing around in ForScan last night and there is actually a way to enable the Quad screen through the IPC Config! (So you don't have to visit the Stealer!)

Its listed under Trip Totals (Or something similar, I will confirm the actual label and update..
Also tried playing around with modifying what each Quadrant displays (Listed as A, B, C and D) to no success BUT I have a feeling it was because I was only modify 2of4, and the others were left as 'Default'
I will see if this changes when all 4 are set as a custom parameter.
You can also enable Instant Fuel Econ. with this same method.

Still couldn't find a 'label' for Digital Speedo (Again, not that I was expecting it on a Late 2012 build-MY2013) Though, for those WITH Speedo, it is listed as one of the optional Quadrants, once I figure out how to change which ones are displayed...

81 - 100 of 100 Posts