2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2022 Escape hybrid after waiting 4 months.Does anyone find it noisy when the gas engine is running? especially when accelerating.I have taken a 2020 and a 2021 model for a test drive the same as mine and found those to be much quieter than mine there is some noise but not as loud.The dealer contacted Ford tech and he was told that the noise is normal.He also was told to check the motor and transmission mount just in case he also checked all the heat shields underneath everything was ok.Does not make any noise when running on battery or when idling.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,608 Posts
Ford has done a bit of de-contenting since 2020.
The 2021MY lost the acoustic glass on the front doors and a few other members have commented on other sealing items that appear to be factory deletes from the 2021 & 2022 models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Tommytwo,

I have a 2021 Titanium PHEV. I agree that the engine noise is louder than I would expect coming for a smaller motor such as this.

Turn on a great podcast or some great music and let that noise fade away. Our Escapes are safe, comfortable and filled with some really top flight features!

Enjoy the ride.

Take Care, Greg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm wondering if it isn't the plastic cover over the ICE that was deleted in 2021.

Paul
You might be right.When the weather gets a little warmer a friend who has a 2021 will come over and we can raise the hoods of both vehicles and compare them.As far as I can tell right now there’s there is no cover over the engine at all just the hood has some insulation.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm wondering if it isn't the plastic cover over the ICE that was deleted in 2021.

Paul
I have driven with and without cover and there is no difference. My 2020 non hybrid is dead quiet regardless.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm not sure that is a good comparison, someone said that the 2020 was quieter with cover than the 2021 without cover on this forum.

Paul
How is not a good comparison? Same car, same driver testing with and without cover and telling you there is no obvious difference in noise levels.

·
Registered
2021 Sport Hybrid FWD SE
205 Posts
I actually have the same issue. It slightly vibrates too. I'm due for an oil change so I'll ask them to look at the mounts. It's not too bad but it doesn't seem normal to me. The other day at a drive in it sounded like it was 10 years old and the exhaust was rattling with the echo from the building.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually have the same issue. It slightly vibrates too. I'm due for an oil change so I'll ask them to look at the mounts. It's not too bad but it doesn't seem normal to me. The other day at a drive in it sounded like it was 10 years old and the exhaust was rattling with the echo from the building.
My 2022 makes the most noise when accelerating with the gas engine the noise eases up a bit when I let up on the gas pedal.Contacted Ford customer service and they are looking onto it whatever that means!You are right it does not seem normal.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My 2022 makes the most noise when accelerating with the gas engine the noise eases up a bit when I let up on the gas pedal.Contacted Ford customer service and they are looking onto it whatever that means!You are right it does not seem normal.
:ROFLMAO: what do you expect? It's not an EV afterall it has an ICE engine which needs to rev up during acceleration. Have you driven non hybrid before?

For the record Rav4 hybrid is noisy too, as well as Highlander hybrid, these engines in hybrids need to work harder (higher rpm) to make up for lack of power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:ROFLMAO: what do you expect? It's not an EV afterall it has an ICE engine which needs to rev up during acceleration. Have you driven non hybrid before?

For the record Rav4 hybrid is noisy too, as well as Highlander hybrid, these engines in hybrids need to work harder (higher rpm) to make up for lack of power.
I have driven a 2020 and a 2021 hybrid and they both make considerably less noise than my 2022.

·
Registered
2020 Escape AWD Hybrid Titanium
786 Posts
I think mine has a better growl controller feeding the sound system. It can purr or roar at nearly the same output power, depending what you're doing. Of course, I got an engine cover and acoustic windshield along with my Jan 2020 build date.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts