2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Ford Escape (purchased May 2015) with the 2.0 Eccoboost. Essentially from early on (first 10,000) miles I developed oil leaks. The oil always leaked from the passenger side near the turbo. I brought my vehicle in serval times at 10,000, 26,000, 54,000 to have oil leaks addressed. Each time issue was addressed and blamed on loose equipment (turbo hose, etc.). Well my car has been slowly leaking oil now from about 75,000 up until current 100,000 miles. When I got the vehicle in today to have the same leak diagnosed, this time they told me the oil is leaking from the valve cover and gasket. This means a whole bunch of the engine needs to be removed for this to be addressed. I was quoted at $1550 for this repair. I'm thinking I should have done a better job at documenting my oil leak issues and getting it corrected the first, second, and third time is discovered the leaks while some warranty was remaining. Its a tough pill to swallow given the EPAS also went out at 75K and that is around $2K for repair. Both of these major issues appeared before the vehicle was more than 4 years old. Just wanted to post this as a warning to others experiencing similar issues.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts