2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Oil leak recall

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  sirdrivealot 
#1 ·
#3 ·
well according to Ford pass app mine is one of them " on your vehicle, it may be possible your engines right-hand oil separator was damaged prior to being installed"
"if it does start leaking and I do nothing about the leak for long enough it might find a ignition source and a under hood fire may result."
this is with the dragon 1.5 three cylinder older than 2020 used the 1.5 four cylinder different engine.

#5 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Anyone know what the "RIGHT-HAND ENGINE OIL SEPARATOR" looks like? Is it that big honky thing in the front right under the cover, if ones got one?

View attachment 81181

View attachment 81182

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/f...-sport-recalled-over-1-5l-ecoboost-fire-risk/ is an article explaining some of the recall details and when notices will be sent out. April 18th, 2022.

Also check this article Ford Recalls 345k Bronco Sport and Escape Vehicles Over Engine Oil Leak
Not it they look at it from underneath and with a mirror . Just had my 22 looked at and was told nice catch can install 🤣

#9 ·
I truly hope the first person whose trailer brakes did not apply was not injured.

I cannot imagine the amount of crap they must have gone through trying to get the dealership to reproduce the problem.

It must have arisen from multiple independently reported cases that were forwarded to Ford corporate.

In today's world where there are software tools built specifically to run every permutation in existence for a system in terms of operational order, things like this are unexcusable. I'm sure it was an evil worst case scenario where five things that were unexpected had to all happen at the same moment. But clearly that permutation was not tested, and possibly not tested by the tool because it was not made aware that the situation was a possible permutation.

And unfortunately this is how people die.

I hope no one did.

#13 ·
Received my notice yesterday. Letter read Please call your dealer today and request a service date. Ford has not issued instructions to stop driving. The time needed for repair is less than one-half day. However the dealer may need the car for a longer period of time to allow the engine to cool and the inspection will be required. I bought a new truck (another make) years ago. While driving it i noticed the oil pressure needle fluctuating rapidly. I was going out of town so i asked my wife to take it to the dealer they told her it needed a new engine and they were keeping the truck. My wife asked if some one would take her home. Nope she had our boy with her and it was raining She called her mother and when she got home she called me. I suggested she get the truck back and i will troubleshoot it when i arrived home. Nope she could not have the truck back it "belonged to the dealer" I have been a do it your self-er for more than a half a century i really hate to see my baby in some other hands than mine. mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.