2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ordered 2022 PHEV Escape 1/19/22. Email from Ford stated my Escape is scheduled to be built the week of April 25, 2022. Was also given a VIN. No word on delivery date, but expect an early May date.
We ordered our 2022 Escape PHEV Titanium on 01/06/2022 and have not received a build date or VIN.
We did receive an email stating they were waiting for parts dated 03/18/2022. We’re hoping to here something soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello, did you all place the order on the Ford site or through a dealership? Do you have to have the VIN and the 4 digit order number for the tracking site? I placed mine through the dealership on Feb 4th, 2022 and have NEVER received an email from Ford and when I check with the dealership its "havent heard anything about release dates this month, maybe next month". I only have the 4 digit order number and the tracking site doesnt work for me. I was expecting delays but this is ridiculous!
I understand your frustration. I ordered mine Jan 6th and no VIN#, build date, or letter. Ordered mine through the dealer and get the same response:
"havent heard anything about release dates this month, maybe next month". I call Ford direct and they say they have no news and check with my dealer. I give Ford my order number, email address and dealer code so I know they have all of my correct information.

·
Registered
44 Posts
For me Toyota is even worse. I'm in Ontario, Canada. I've seen in person this year exactly 2 Rav4 prime. I should be #1 on the wait list at a smaller dealer now that the guy ahead of me is getting his September after "ordering" Jun 2021.

Which is another big thing. You can't order a Prime. Dealers get assigned them, and you have to decide if it's close enough to what you want.

At least with the escape, I could order what I wanted, and got an order number two weeks later, with it scheduled and a VIN after a month.

Of course the scheduled production date has slipped about 2 months, still not built, and Ford has been removing features I ordered.
I really wanted the 2022 RAV4 Prime for the resale value but I learned from the dealership that the wait time was way too long. The second choice was the Escape PHEV. I hoped I would have it within 6 months but no.
However, still no better choice out there in 2023 than Ford Escape PHEV and I do trust our dealer so I will wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts