2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I placed an order for 2022 escape phev December 1, 2021. No response from Ford on build date. Does anybody know if Ford is building them. I live in Florida which is a desert for PHEVs.
I have 2020 escape with 13,000 mikes on it. My avg mpg is 82. Been as hi as 140 mpg in most city drive. Check out all mpg on fuelly.com web site. The car is laurel. The PHEV combo does work

·
Registered
24 Posts
Question for those of you that have placed an order. Do they value or guarantee your trade in, or do you plan to sell your current vehicle to a private party when it comes in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question for those of you that have placed an order. Do they value or guarantee your trade in, or do you plan to sell your current vehicle to a private party when it comes in?
Trade-in value is assessed at purchase time since a lot can happen before delivery. I'll decide what do with my current vehicle based on what the dealership offers and an after-tax judgement of what I could get selling it myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Trade-in value is assessed at purchase time since a lot can happen before delivery. I'll decide what do with my current vehicle based on what the dealership offers and an after-tax judgement of what I could get selling it myself.
Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I saw on a Kia forum that people were getting trade in offers when they ordered their new one, and the dealer honored the price even though they had driven thousands of miles before the new one came in. That seems too good to be true to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in SoCal. We actually have seen a fair number of PHEVs available on the lot if you want to pay $5000 over MSRP. I am not, so placed an order (no deposit, no commitment) on March 18th. We got a VIN# on March 24th with a production scheduled for the week of April 18.
On April 12th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of April 25.
On April 13th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 2.
On April 14th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 9.
On April 22nd, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 16.

Fingers crossed. One thing--if you really follow the chip shortage issue, it does become easier to understand just what a difficult situation this is and how hard it is to rectify in any kind of a rapid manner. Understanding does help make it easier to be patient.
(Dealer has also been quite good about trying to keep us posted with whatever news they can get, to be honest. At this point, still eager if admittedly frustrated. Better situation than those in the area facing even longer waits and even more ridiculous above-MSRP options for Toyota Rav4 PEHVs.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am in SoCal. We actually have seen a fair number of PHEVs available on the lot if you want to pay $5000 over MSRP. I am not, so placed an order (no deposit, no commitment) on March 18th. We got a VIN# on March 24th with a production scheduled for the week of April 18.
On April 12th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of April 25.
On April 13th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 2.
On April 14th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 9.
On April 22nd, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 16.

Fingers crossed. One thing--if you really follow the chip shortage issue, it does become easier to understand just what a difficult situation this is and how hard it is to rectify in any kind of a rapid manner. Understanding does help make it easier to be patient.
(Dealer has also been quite good about trying to keep us posted with whatever news they can get, to be honest. At this point, still eager if admittedly frustrated. Better situation than those in the area facing even longer waits and even more ridiculous above-MSRP options for Toyota Rav4 PEHVs.)
How does the pricing compare for ordering vs on the lot w/5k over msrp?

·
Registered
2022 Escape SEL PHEV
184 Posts
Gotta stand firm with pricing. They want to sell you the car and don’t want you to walking off the lot. So when they say what can I do to make you drive away today with that car, tell them it will be MSRP and not a dollar more. It may take a while of back and forth but they want the sale and will cave. They obviously make more on a marked up car but even at sticker they make money. One dealer by me is 3k over sticker and another is 2k over.

good luck with the order. A lot of people keep getting delayed emails

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was 5k over for a vehicle on the lot--and that seems to be what dealers in the vicinity (within 100 miles) seem to have settled on or place an order for one and be ensured that it will be sold at MSRP (the sticker price).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Ontario. Ordered a 2022 Ford Escape hybrid first week of February and received a serial number two weeks later. Have not heard anything else since then. Was told it could take 3 to 6 months. 😏
I read a post where someone supplied a link for “Ford Vehicle Order Tracking”. That particular link was for the U.S. but because I live in Ontario it directed me to the Canadian site. I had to obtain the order number from my dealership and upon entering this and the serial number it popped up showing my Escape was built on April 22nd and was now waiting to be shipped. Stated it should arrive at the dealership between May 01st and May 7th. My dealership received no information on the production date and was not aware that it was being delivered. The last thing my salesman told me on April 29th was that it could take another couple of months.
This is completely different from the posts I have been reading.
Suggest anyone waiting over three months and have a serial number is to obtain the order number from the dealership and look up the “Ford Vehicle Order Tracking” site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to keep you all updated, Ford emailed again tonight just after five with news that our build date has been rescheduled (again; (reschedule #5) from the week of May 16 to the week of May 23rd. We have a VIN #. Can’t help wishing it worked like one of those queue systems that would tell you “You are Number 42,357 in line.” It would help it seem like there might be some definite progress being made whenever the number went down.

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts
My vehicle is scheduled to be built this Week!! (May 9th). Dealer called me a few weeks back and told me the exact build date is this Thursday May 12th. The build date is when its finished correct? Fingers crossed for no more email delays.

I checked the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website out of curiosity and it now says "In Production".

My Specs are:
2022 Titanium PHEV
Agate Black Metallic Exterior
Sandstone Interior (I had this color interior on a 2020 Titanium Eco-boost rental. Had the car for 9 days on a Utah road trip and pretty much convinced me on the vehicle)
Previous Vehicle:
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium (sold it for a very good deal)

Note: Did not opt for the Titanium package (at the time it was 4k more) because it came with the mandatory panoramic glass. If anyone has ever had a cracked windshield, you know that its a complete pain and expensive trying to get that replaced on a brand new vehicle. I just checked the Ford website and the Titanium package no longer includes the panoramic glass and its only 2k, the glass is a separate 1.5K fee. The only thing that I really wanted from the Titanium package was the wireless charger and maybe the park assist (Which I think is more of a gimmick) but I can live without them.

D
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats. At first I didn't want the PP either, as I wanted the sandstone interior too (black "leather" seats in summer is no fun). Then noticed the PP interior was a mix of Ebony/Sandstone, with most of the seating surfaces sandstone. I really wasn't too impressed with the stock sound system either, and hope the upgraded will be enough (Hopefully no rattling sub either). Parking assist does seem like a bit of a gimmick as well, though I might use it for parallel parking on the rare occasion I do. Just getting a backup camera and the front sensors will make life easier. Heads up display might be interesting.

Huh, just noticed the PP in Canada went up from 2,150 to 2,450, along with the rest of the car. I think I might have gotten my order in before the MSRP jump after all.

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts
Congrats. At first I didn't want the PP either, as I wanted the sandstone interior too (black "leather" seats in summer is no fun). Then noticed the PP interior was a mix of Ebony/Sandstone, with most of the seating surfaces sandstone. I really wasn't too impressed with the stock sound system either, and hope the upgraded will be enough (Hopefully no rattling sub either). Parking assist does seem like a bit of a gimmick as well, though I might use it for parallel parking on the rare occasion I do. Just getting a backup camera and the front sensors will make life easier. Heads up display might be interesting.

Huh, just noticed the PP in Canada went up from 2,150 to 2,450, along with the rest of the car. I think I might have gotten my order in before the MSRP jump after all.
The local dealer had a 2021 Titanium Ecoboost with the Package and the interior was a nice touch.

So it looks like the window sticker link is now working as well, I haven't been able to see the window sticker until now.

Product Font Line Material property Signature

·
Registered
7 Posts
FIngers crossed for you and hoping tomorrow is indeed the big day! Looking forward to updates. (Just checked and our window sticker is still "not yet been released for this vehicle" though our build date is the week of May 23." Can you tell us what date your order was originally placed? Might give us some idea how much longe we might still be waiting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a 2022 Ford escape PHEV Titanium with only the titanium tech package on January 20th 2022. My first production confirmation came in early April for the 25th of the month to start the build.
Since then i got a delay every week for three weeks. By then it was out until may 16. then it got pushed to the 23rd, then the 30. now pushed out to June 6th. I'm tempted to put the sender on the junk e-mail list. They keep getting my hopes up only to let them down.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts