2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts
FIngers crossed for you and hoping tomorrow is indeed the big day! Looking forward to updates. (Just checked and our window sticker is still "not yet been released for this vehicle" though our build date is the week of May 23." Can you tell us what date your order was originally placed? Might give us some idea how much longe we might still be waiting.
Ordered a 2022 Ford escape PHEV Titanium with only the titanium tech package on January 20th 2022. My first production confirmation came in early April for the 25th of the month to start the build.
Since then i got a delay every week for three weeks. By then it was out until may 16. then it got pushed to the 23rd, then the 30. now pushed out to June 6th. I'm tempted to put the sender on the junk e-mail list. They keep getting my hopes up only to let them down.

so looks like the escape Ford plant was shut down all week, guess there’s a schedule out there on a different forum that says when they are operating. So no updates so far, since it’s technically now in production I don’t expect anymore emails until it is finished, hopefully this week unless there’s another plant shutdown. I expect another delay email for everyone else. I have made a separate discussion with my build and all the info is there but I ordered back in late December with an original build date of 3/14

·
Registered
76 Posts
so looks like the escape Ford plant was shut down all week, guess there’s a schedule out there on a different forum that says when they are operating. So no updates so far, since it’s technically now in production I don’t expect anymore emails until it is finished, hopefully this week unless there’s another plant shutdown. I expect another delay email for everyone else. I have made a separate discussion with my build and all the info is there but I ordered back in late December with an original build date of 3/14
You can see plant and scheduling info on the Blue Oval Forum. Indicated the 5/9 week shutdown and the Jul 4 and 11 weeks shutdowns as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone, new to this forum. I ordered my Titanium PHEV early March and only getting communicaitons from the dealer. How are you all getting these updated emails directly from Ford? And how has taken posession of their PHEV? and how do you like it? thanks!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ford sends email confirming order. I received mine very rapidly after dealer submitted order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our Escape has been built! First order confirmation was back on March 18 with a projected build week starting April 18, we went through weekly delays up till the last notification May 14 for a build date the week of May 30, and we got our notice (at 1:09 AM!) that the vehicle has been built and should be arriving at our dealer (Raceway Ford in Riverside, CA) between July 8 and July 14. Hang in there, folks. Looks like it can actually happen. (Now hoping interest rates don't climb any more between now and July 14.)

·
Registered
22 Escape Titanium PHEV PP+Tow
173 Posts
Any idea if you still got hands free lift gate? Assuming you ordered one with it. I'm still trying to figure out if none are getting it, some are, and when the cut off date is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any idea if you still got hands free lift gate? Assuming you ordered one with it. I'm still trying to figure out if none are getting it, some are, and when the cut off date is.
I did not order the hands free lift gate. We ordered red paint (my wife's choice), the vista roof, towing package, and co-pilot 360. No other extras. They did throw in a free front license plate bracket, according to the window sticker.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I found a MSRP for an Escape Titanium PHEV that is in production as of 6/10. It does not have the Liftgate Hands Free feature listed on the MSRP, whereas others just like it built before June do have that listed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered a 2022 Escape PHEV Titanium with Titanium Premium package on 4 June. Received confirmation from Ford the next day. Dealer is telling me 24-30 weeks. Let the wait begin, production line is closed for 2 weeks in July. No other closures noted....yet. Will post as I receive updates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered a 2022 Escape PHEV Titanium with Titanium Premium package on 4 June. Received confirmation from Ford the next day. Dealer is telling me 24-30 weeks. Let the wait begin, production line is closed for 2 weeks in July. No other closures noted....yet. Will post as I receive updates.
Sounds like we're in the same boat. We ordered ours May 21st. PHEV Titanium with Premium, tow, panorama, and spare tire. Could sure use it at the moment with gas prices getting crazy. Although, I don't have high hopes we see it for a few months.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered an Escape SEL PHEV on May 9. Nothing from Ford except for the approved preview order generated by the dealer. That, and the order screen on his computer, says our priority code is 11. My Ford.com account still says "Our records show you have no reservations, orders, or purchases."

A lady from the dealership called Monday afternoon to ask if I still wanted the car. Apparently, Ford is getting a lot of no-shows on ordered cars and cracking down on the dealers to confirm intent.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have an order number, vin, and scheduled production week, but see the same thing on my Ford account for orders.

Can't imagine why they might have people give up on their order when you only get a very rough estimate on delivery. Then when you do get a date, it gets pushed back 3-5 times, and when it finally shows up, it's missing features. But hey, they give you a 50 dollar gift card in compensation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The first official email from Ford came yesterday. A week short of two months. This can't be good.

"We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Today, we wanted to give you an update on the status of your Escape SEL Plug-In Hybrid order.

Unfortunately, continued supply chain issues are slowing things down. We’re working diligently to try and reduce these delays.

Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, did you all place the order on the Ford site or through a dealership? Do you have to have the VIN and the 4 digit order number for the tracking site? I placed mine through the dealership on Feb 4th, 2022 and have NEVER received an email from Ford and when I check with the dealership its "havent heard anything about release dates this month, maybe next month". I only have the 4 digit order number and the tracking site doesnt work for me. I was expecting delays but this is ridiculous!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello, did you all place the order on the Ford site or through a dealership? Do you have to have the VIN and the 4 digit order number for the tracking site? I placed mine through the dealership on Feb 4th, 2022 and have NEVER received an email from Ford and when I check with the dealership its "havent heard anything about release dates this month, maybe next month". I only have the 4 digit order number and the tracking site doesnt work for me. I was expecting delays but this is ridiculous!
I understand your frustration. I ordered mine Jan 6th and no VIN#, build date, or letter. Ordered mine through the dealer and get the same response:
"havent heard anything about release dates this month, maybe next month". I call Ford direct and they say they have no news and check with my dealer. I give Ford my order number, email address and dealer code so I know they have all of my correct information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand your frustration. I ordered mine Jan 6th and no VIN#, build date, or letter. Ordered mine through the dealer and get the same response:
"havent heard anything about release dates this month, maybe next month". I call Ford direct and they say they have no news and check with my dealer. I give Ford my order number, email address and dealer code so I know they have all of my correct information.
Thanks for the response, but that sucks. I wonder if other manufacturers are this bad, thinking I should have gone with the Toyota but too far into the game now I guess. Looks like my daughter wont have my old car for school in the fall. :mad:

·
Registered
173 Posts
For me Toyota is even worse. I'm in Ontario, Canada. I've seen in person this year exactly 2 Rav4 prime. I should be #1 on the wait list at a smaller dealer now that the guy ahead of me is getting his September after "ordering" Jun 2021.

Which is another big thing. You can't order a Prime. Dealers get assigned them, and you have to decide if it's close enough to what you want.

At least with the escape, I could order what I wanted, and got an order number two weeks later, with it scheduled and a VIN after a month.

Of course the scheduled production date has slipped about 2 months, still not built, and Ford has been removing features I ordered.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For me Toyota is even worse. I'm in Ontario, Canada. I've seen in person this year exactly 2 Rav4 prime. I should be #1 on the wait list at a smaller dealer now that the guy ahead of me is getting his September after "ordering" Jun 2021.

Which is another big thing. You can't order a Prime. Dealers get assigned them, and you have to decide if it's close enough to what you want.

At least with the escape, I could order what I wanted, and got an order number two weeks later, with it scheduled and a VIN after a month.

Of course the scheduled production date has slipped about 2 months, still not built, and Ford has been removing features I ordered.
I really wanted the 2022 RAV4 Prime for the resale value but I learned from the dealership that the wait time was way too long. The second choice was the Escape PHEV. I hoped I would have it within 6 months but no.
However, still no better choice out there in 2023 than Ford Escape PHEV and I do trust our dealer so I will wait.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts