2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Ordered 2022 escape phev

26K views 107 replies 34 participants last post by  golden9800 
#1 ·
I placed an order for 2022 escape phev December 1, 2021. No response from Ford on build date. Does anybody know if Ford is building them. I live in Florida which is a desert for PHEVs.

#2 ·
I ordered my 2022 Escape SE PHEV 9/28/21 and it was delivered on 1/19/22. My build might have taken some extra time because I was caught between the 2021 and 2022 model years. Ford sent me several emails during that time to inform me of its production progress.

#4 ·
how long did it take you to even get an order confirmation email from Ford? i submitted an order on a SE PHEV through my dealer 3 weeks ago and still haven't even gotten the Ford email. my dealer just says there's nothing we can do but wait on Ford to process it whenever they get around to it.

#8 · (Edited)
Could just be my salesman trying to get me to buy two cars from him (lol) but he says Ford finally got back to them about not getting even an order confirmation email. He says they indicated the lead-times on the hybrids could now be up to a year due to the chip shortage. He offered to put me into a vehicle they have in-transit and then trade it in on my PHEV order when it arrives (along with paying dealer fees, taxes, etc. again lol).

I know they had a couple weeklong shutdowns at the Louisville assembly plant and I imagine the Windsor border blockade is now impacting manufacturing the hybrid engine but i hadn't heard elsewhere about such long delays. If true it would seem like they were deprioritizing the Escape Hybrids to use limited chips on potentially more profitable vehicles.

#9 ·
Update: started looking around for other options just in case a deal we couldn't turn down popped up. We lucked into such a deal on a 2021 SE non-plugin Hybrid that was technically a repair loaner but effectively a demo as it was only used by a dealership employee waiting a long time on parts for his Bronco. Just 931 miles on it and although not our preference of colors, it's in pristine condition.

After $2k in manufacturer rebates and X-plan pricing it came to ~$26,800 after taxes/fees but before trade-in. 0% financing for 60 months with $0 down in a time of elevated inflation to boot.

We still have a refundable deposit check they haven't cashed on our original PHEV order just to keep our options open. However, I'm skeptical the additional gas savings on the PHEV is going to have a short enough payback period to justify trading in the HEV on the order. The tax credits on the Escape PHEV would have to get bumped to $8,500 as proposed, there be a manufacturer rebate at time of delivery and we get an outstanding trade-in value on the HEV.

All that's to say for those of you waiting on orders it couldn't hurt to keep hit refresh on a car inventory aggregator once a day to see if there's an option on an Escape hybrid you just can't turn down.

#11 ·
I'm in Chicago. Just ordered a 2022 Escape Titanium PHEV on Friday 3/25. Got the order confirmation email right away, but nothing else.

I have a Bronco Sport First Edition as well, so I'm very familiar with the long wait in the abyss that comes next.

Once it gets scheduled and assigned a VIN things usually seem to start happening faster. My sales rep said the Mach-E and Bronco got big pushes in terms of production prioritization last year, so all of the other models were being prioritized this year. If that's the case, maybe it won't be that long of a wait, but I'm not holding my breath.

#12 ·
I'm in Chicago. Just ordered a 2022 Escape Titanium PHEV on Friday 3/25. Got the order confirmation email right away, but nothing else.

I have a Bronco Sport First Edition as well, so I'm very familiar with the long wait in the abyss that comes next.

Once it gets scheduled and assigned a VIN things usually seem to start happening faster. My sales rep said the Mach-E and Bronco got big pushes in terms of production prioritization last year, so all of the other models were being prioritized this year. If that's the case, maybe it won't be that long of a wait, but I'm not holding my breath.
I ordered a PHEV on 3/3 and got the email right away. My dealer has had 2 on order from Jan and Feb, and as of earlier this week, nothing scheduled for them...likewise me as well. Looking at the Blue Oval Forum, I note that Retail Escape Orders may be selected during May...maybe sooner(?). Also note that after 3/31/22 no longer can order a 2022 Escape.

#29 ·
I am in SoCal. We actually have seen a fair number of PHEVs available on the lot if you want to pay $5000 over MSRP. I am not, so placed an order (no deposit, no commitment) on March 18th. We got a VIN# on March 24th with a production scheduled for the week of April 18.
On April 12th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of April 25.
On April 13th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 2.
On April 14th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 9.
On April 22nd, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 16.

Fingers crossed. One thing--if you really follow the chip shortage issue, it does become easier to understand just what a difficult situation this is and how hard it is to rectify in any kind of a rapid manner. Understanding does help make it easier to be patient.
(Dealer has also been quite good about trying to keep us posted with whatever news they can get, to be honest. At this point, still eager if admittedly frustrated. Better situation than those in the area facing even longer waits and even more ridiculous above-MSRP options for Toyota Rav4 PEHVs.)

#30 ·
I am in SoCal. We actually have seen a fair number of PHEVs available on the lot if you want to pay $5000 over MSRP. I am not, so placed an order (no deposit, no commitment) on March 18th. We got a VIN# on March 24th with a production scheduled for the week of April 18.
On April 12th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of April 25.
On April 13th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 2.
On April 14th, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 9.
On April 22nd, FoMoCo sent email rescheduling production date to week of May 16.

Fingers crossed. One thing--if you really follow the chip shortage issue, it does become easier to understand just what a difficult situation this is and how hard it is to rectify in any kind of a rapid manner. Understanding does help make it easier to be patient.
(Dealer has also been quite good about trying to keep us posted with whatever news they can get, to be honest. At this point, still eager if admittedly frustrated. Better situation than those in the area facing even longer waits and even more ridiculous above-MSRP options for Toyota Rav4 PEHVs.)
How does the pricing compare for ordering vs on the lot w/5k over msrp?

#32 ·
Gotta stand firm with pricing. They want to sell you the car and don’t want you to walking off the lot. So when they say what can I do to make you drive away today with that car, tell them it will be MSRP and not a dollar more. It may take a while of back and forth but they want the sale and will cave. They obviously make more on a marked up car but even at sticker they make money. One dealer by me is 3k over sticker and another is 2k over.

good luck with the order. A lot of people keep getting delayed emails

#35 ·
Just to keep you all updated, Ford emailed again tonight just after five with news that our build date has been rescheduled (again; (reschedule #5) from the week of May 16 to the week of May 23rd. We have a VIN #. Can’t help wishing it worked like one of those queue systems that would tell you “You are Number 42,357 in line.” It would help it seem like there might be some definite progress being made whenever the number went down.

#36 ·
My vehicle is scheduled to be built this Week!! (May 9th). Dealer called me a few weeks back and told me the exact build date is this Thursday May 12th. The build date is when its finished correct? Fingers crossed for no more email delays.

I checked the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website out of curiosity and it now says "In Production".

My Specs are:
2022 Titanium PHEV
Agate Black Metallic Exterior
Sandstone Interior (I had this color interior on a 2020 Titanium Eco-boost rental. Had the car for 9 days on a Utah road trip and pretty much convinced me on the vehicle)
Previous Vehicle:
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium (sold it for a very good deal)

Note: Did not opt for the Titanium package (at the time it was 4k more) because it came with the mandatory panoramic glass. If anyone has ever had a cracked windshield, you know that its a complete pain and expensive trying to get that replaced on a brand new vehicle. I just checked the Ford website and the Titanium package no longer includes the panoramic glass and its only 2k, the glass is a separate 1.5K fee. The only thing that I really wanted from the Titanium package was the wireless charger and maybe the park assist (Which I think is more of a gimmick) but I can live without them.

D
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

#37 · (Edited)
Congrats. At first I didn't want the PP either, as I wanted the sandstone interior too (black "leather" seats in summer is no fun). Then noticed the PP interior was a mix of Ebony/Sandstone, with most of the seating surfaces sandstone. I really wasn't too impressed with the stock sound system either, and hope the upgraded will be enough (Hopefully no rattling sub either). Parking assist does seem like a bit of a gimmick as well, though I might use it for parallel parking on the rare occasion I do. Just getting a backup camera and the front sensors will make life easier. Heads up display might be interesting.

Huh, just noticed the PP in Canada went up from 2,150 to 2,450, along with the rest of the car. I think I might have gotten my order in before the MSRP jump after all.

#39 · (Edited)
FIngers crossed for you and hoping tomorrow is indeed the big day! Looking forward to updates. (Just checked and our window sticker is still "not yet been released for this vehicle" though our build date is the week of May 23." Can you tell us what date your order was originally placed? Might give us some idea how much longe we might still be waiting.

#41 ·
Ordered a 2022 Ford escape PHEV Titanium with only the titanium tech package on January 20th 2022. My first production confirmation came in early April for the 25th of the month to start the build.
Since then i got a delay every week for three weeks. By then it was out until may 16. then it got pushed to the 23rd, then the 30. now pushed out to June 6th. I'm tempted to put the sender on the junk e-mail list. They keep getting my hopes up only to let them down.

so looks like the escape Ford plant was shut down all week, guess there’s a schedule out there on a different forum that says when they are operating. So no updates so far, since it’s technically now in production I don’t expect anymore emails until it is finished, hopefully this week unless there’s another plant shutdown. I expect another delay email for everyone else. I have made a separate discussion with my build and all the info is there but I ordered back in late December with an original build date of 3/14

#40 ·
Ordered a 2022 Ford escape PHEV Titanium with only the titanium tech package on January 20th 2022. My first production confirmation came in early April for the 25th of the month to start the build.
Since then i got a delay every week for three weeks. By then it was out until may 16. then it got pushed to the 23rd, then the 30. now pushed out to June 6th. I'm tempted to put the sender on the junk e-mail list. They keep getting my hopes up only to let them down.

#46 ·
Ford sends email confirming order. I received mine very rapidly after dealer submitted order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.