2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Visited a Ford dealership on Friday, March 18, 2022. Went back and ordered a 2022 Titanium 2.0 AWD on Saturday, March 19, 2022!

Have been thinking of replacing my wife's 2012 Limited Hybrid for a little while. It is in great condition, aside from the standard rear wheel arch rust.

Visited my closest dealer and also filled out the application through AAA and AARP. Looks like both of those take you to TrueCar.

Closest dealership, I really like the folks there, wants $2k above sticker to place an order.

Two places in the area contacted me about the online submission. I checked the web site for one of the dealerships, and their Escapes are listed at $15k above sticker Yes. $15k! Sales manager at second dealership called a couple of times. Nice conversation, but they wanted, I think, $3k to place an order.

Found an Escape Titanium in NJ near where I used to live and close to my MIL that is optioned as I would like. My local dealer said they could get it in. I also contacted the dealership directly. Saw online that they are asking $2.5k above sticker and other things, like $300 window etching.

Decided to check other dealers in the area, as there are lots, and I mean LOTS, by me. Search my zip code, 01752, to see. Dealer that I have visited in the past states prominently on their web site, "At Acton Ford, you'll never pay above sticker."

Went there Friday. Went back Saturday to place an order!

• Wow
Reactions: EVDan

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Great to hear. Thanks!

There are 10 dealers within 20 miles. Colonial is 5 miles from our house. We are in Marlborough, close to the Wayside Inn in Sudbury. Acton Ford is 9 miles. McGovern is 7 miles.

Been to Acton just for simple things like inspections and to pick up a rear wheel speed sensor for my Escape when Colonial didn't have it and searched local dealerships for me.

The Ford ESP on my 2014 Escape is done at the end of the year. Will order a Bronco Sport for my wife through Acton at that time. She has the 2012 Escape now, so she really likes the Bronce Sport.

Reactions: CJKing

·
Registered
2017 Titanium
11 Posts
I just ordered a 2022 Titanium Hybrid AWD .. Dealer wants full sticker.. I also have $2250 in Rebates that will be applied.. My only bargaining chip will be my trade which is a 2017 Titanium AWD with 40000 miles ...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mine was sticker with the $1,500 from Ford currently. Any new, additional Ford incentives will be applied at delivery.

Their offer on my wife's Escape as a trade-in a somewhat low, so it will go to Carmax by me in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Received e-mail from Ford that "order had been confirmed."

Next is "scheduled for production." That should be tomorrow, right? :p

·
Registered
2022 Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD
139 Posts
Received e-mail from Ford that "order had been confirmed."

Next is "scheduled for production." That should be tomorrow, right? :p
Well, maybe. :)

My new Titanium 2.0 was ordered on November 18, and arrived at the dealer on January 31.

I had considered a hybrid this time, but was told the HEV would take at least 6 months and the PHEV might take 9. Our lease was up in mid-February so I opted for the 2.0 since it would get here quicker. Love the car so far.

Reactions: PaulOinMA

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am curious about production since I ordered without the panoramic vista roof. VERY few Titaniums without moonroof when I was configuring cars and searching inventory.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a summary.

Friday, March 19: visit dealership that states MSRP sale. Make appointment to come back the following day.
Saturday, March 20: Place order for 2022 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD.

Monday, March 22: Order Confirmed e-mail from Ford.
Thursday, March 24: Scheduled for Production e-mail from Ford. Week of April 18. VIN assigned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered our 22 escape on December 1. Got email from ford December 2 excepting the order. January 6 email from ford said schedule for production week of February 14th. Then march14, then march 28 , then back to march 14. It was built on march 17th and waiting for shipping to dealer. Can’t wait to see the ice blue silver metallic.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ice Blue Silver Metallic was a color I was considering. Neat color. Like it a lot. The dealer actually had one for me to see and also a Carbonized Gray Metallic. Went with the gray.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update e-mail from Ford last night moving production back a week.

Friday, March 19: visit dealership that states MSRP sale with $1,500 from Ford on orders. Make appointment to come back the following day.
Saturday, March 20: Place order for 2022 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD.

Monday, March 22: Order Confirmed e-mail from Ford.
Thursday, March 24: Scheduled for Production e-mail from Ford. Week of April 18. VIN assigned.
Wednesday, April 13: Scheduled for Production e-mail from Ford. Moved a week later to Week of April 25. Window sticker "still not released for this vehicle."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is in. Ordered 12/1/21 the dealer called yesterday afternoon and said they just received it. Going Friday afternoon to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
April 25 update below. Interestingly, cost of three items are each $250 higher than the March 19 purchase agreement: base MSRP, Titanium Elite Package, and Destination & Delivery.

Your 2022 Escape Titanium is "In Production".

In Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
April 29 update: date under In Production changed from 04/25/2022 to 04/29/2022.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
May 4 update e-mail from Ford: "Great news! Your 2022 Escape Titanium has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment."

Estimate for delivery is between May 26 and June 1, 2022.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That'd be great. Where are you? My salesman said around 45 days from build to when I can pick it up.

Been wondering how many they need to have to make a shipment to the New England region.

Used to volunteer for a golf tournament when it was in the area. Didn't like seeing a bus from the volunteer parking lot pull away just as we were walking up to the drop off point. Meant we would be first on the next bus. Had to wait until it filled some before it would head to the course. 😀

1 - 20 of 26 Posts