2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape SEL 1.6L EcoBoost
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ford Escape 1.6L ecoboost
My car overheated, 1st the light came on, then went off. Thought it was strange so I pulled off as I was pulling into the gas station it died. I checked the coolant and it was empty. After engine cooled I put new coolant in and it just poured out under the car.
Can't get it to start but it does turn over like it wants to this was 4 weeks ago and still nothing no warranty pulled the plugs 3 out of 4 were wet. I can't figure out why it over heated all of a sudden. I've only had the vehicle for 5 months saved up and payed cash. Can anyone help me. What do I do I have no warranty?

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
69 Posts
Sounds like you blew a head gasket.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Unfortunately the 2013 1.6 liter Escape was probably one of the most unreliable Escapes made in the 3rd generation. Overall the 1.6 liter engine is probably one of the worst engines Ford has made in recent times.

The 1.6 liter engine is known to leak coolant into cylinders which isn't good to say the least. It can cause the car to overheat which you experienced. The only thing you can do is call a Ford dealer and see what they can do for you or even call Ford itself. Other then that you probably need a new engine.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Pouring out under the car is not indicative of a head gasket leak. More than likely that is due to bad hose or fixture. Water on the plugs is indicative. How many miles on vehicle. Have you noticed white clouds from the exhaust when the engine was runnig?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2013 Ford Escape 1.6L ecoboost
My car overheated, 1st the light came on, then went off. Thought it was strange so I pulled off as I was pulling into the gas station it died. I checked the coolant and it was empty. After engine cooled I put new coolant in and it just poured out under the car.
Can't get it to start but it does turn over like it wants to this was 4 weeks ago and still nothing no warranty pulled the plugs 3 out of 4 were wet. I can't figure out why it over heated all of a sudden. I've only had the vehicle for 5 months saved up and payed cash. Can anyone help me. What do I do I have no warranty?
Pouring out under the car is not indicative of a head gasket leak. More than likely that is due to bad hose or fixture. Water on the plugs is indicative. How many miles on vehicle. Have you noticed white clouds from the exhaust when the engine was runnig?
Iy has 118,989 miles and 3 out 4 plugs were wet and i did check the reservoir and all the hoses were intact I never noticed any smoke before but I had notice the coolant getting low so I checked it frequently and made sure I had some in case it was low

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately the 2013 1.6 liter Escape was probably one of the most unreliable Escapes made in the 3rd generation. Overall the 1.6 liter engine is probably one of the worst engines Ford has made in recent times.

The 1.6 liter engine is known to leak coolant into cylinders which isn't good to say the least. It can cause the car to overheat which you experienced. The only thing you can do is call a Ford dealer and see what they can do for you or even call Ford itself. Other then that you probably need a new engine.
I called ford they said im not on recall list and sorry for my troubles. Sorry to say going to have to sell it for cheap so I can get another reliable car. Tha k you for the info I appriciate it

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,091 Posts
Sorry to say going to have to sell it for cheap so I can get another reliable car.
Sadly that probably is the smartest thing to do. If you're not totally put off buying another Ford the 2.0l EcoBoost engine in the 2013-2016 models is rarely reported as having problems.

Reactions: Vader101

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I sold my 2013 ford escape sel 1.6l ecoboost for a fraction of what I payed 5 months ago what a giant waist of money I got 1/5 of my money back im happy that I was able to sell it. Life is unpredictable and not everyone is honest so when buying used you really need to research the vehicle your interested in. Now I can honestly say I'll never want to own a Ford again.

I called ford they said im not on recall list and sorry for my troubles. Sorry to say going to have to sell it for cheap so I can get another reliable car. Thank you for the info I appriciate it

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Well I sold my 2013 ford escape sel 1.6l ecoboost for a fraction of what I payed 5 months ago what a giant waist of money I got 1/5 of my money back im happy that I was able to sell it. Life is unpredictable and not everyone is honest so when buying used you really need to research the vehicle your interested in. Now I can honestly say I'll never want to own a Ford again.
Sorry for your troubles and I hope it doesn't happen again. :(

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,364 Posts
I merged this new thread with your other thread on the same issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts