2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,715 Posts
I walked up from the front of my 2017 Escape Titanium with 54K and thought there was a leaf stuck by the windshield as I got close I could see the paint had peeled off and big chunk. I took it to Maaco to see what the dollar damage would be and the lady examined my car then told me to take it straight to the dealer that it is definitely a manufacturer's defect. She pointed out to me the top of the post iit is already bubbling so more of it is going to peel off as well.
On the off change that I was not the only one I googled and ended up here. I take it since it is out of warranty that Ford will not take care of this, correct? Have those of you that have also been out of warranty just paid out of pocket? What was the cost? Maaco told me to do it right would be about $1000 to just where it's peeling maybe $500 but always a chance the windshile will break. Oh boy!
Thank you guys. I really like my Escape, it runs great and I love all the little nifty things it does but this is not good!
Larry Reed
Downey CA
I merged your thread with the existing thread on this issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got gas tonight and noticed what I thought was a leaf, but as you can see, the paint is chipping/flaking off the car. There is no visible trauma, just flaking off. Driver side windshield pillar. As you can see, a piece has come off and there is a larger section ready to come off as well, also area above it feels lumpy. The material underneath looks like paint was never on it. BTW, 2017 model, and I just hit 14k miles this week. Will be calling dealership tomorrow...SMH.

Anybody else have an issue like this? Know how they handle it?

I had a 2014 previously and had no issues with it at all. I like how they rearranged everything and the tech is better, but have had quality control issues since day one(fasteners not fastened, something rolling around in dashboard, sync issues, don't get me started on auto stop/fart system). I'm hoping just cause it was a first build, unlike my 2014.

Sorry for being dirty, they over salted roads for a storm that never happened here.
I also purchased a 2017 lightning blue metallic escape that has peeling paint in the exact spots as everyone else on here just following to see if there will be a recall or solution to the problem.. it’s so upsetting because I just can’t ever have anything nice there’s always something .. I tried touch up paint and it actually made it worse I super glued down some of the very loose spots so that it kind of stops the peeling a bit for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also purchased a 2017 lightning blue metallic escape that has peeling paint in the exact spots as everyone else on here just following to see if there will be a recall or solution to the problem.. it’s so upsetting because I just can’t ever have anything nice there’s always something .. I tried touch up paint and it actually made it worse I super glued down some of the very loose spots so that it kind of stops the peeling a bit for now.
No recall for this sadly. I just peeled all the paint off myself, cleaned it best I could and painted it.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
If you scroll back to #196 a lawyer there offered help...not sure whether it involves a class action but Ford have certainly wiped their hands of the problem at the moment.
Even with a class action you would need to weigh up your share of the cost of an attorney with the paint repair cost I suppose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am an attorney and would like hear from people having this paint issue with their Ford Escape. I can be reached at [email protected]. I understand your frustration when Ford does not stand behind its product and would like to discuss your concerns about the paint peeling from your Ford Escape.
I would like to know more about a class action lawsuit if you are trying to do one.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,715 Posts
I would like to know more about a class action lawsuit if you are trying to do one.
Maybe email him, as he requested. No need to discuss it here.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I suggest that you "bite the bullet" and find a good body shop and have them repair it. It's too bad that Ford will not repair it because it is defiantly a fault of theirs. As far as "class action suits" go, in my experience the lawyers get the lions share and plaintiff gets 10 cents on the dollar. :(
Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

201 - 208 of 208 Posts