2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi, I've been following this thread for few weeks now and finally decided to add my case too. I'm dealing with the same issue on the driver side. As it started during a windshield replacement, I am covered by my insurance. Before getting an evaluation from the company, I went to my dealer and got the same answer as everyone which is it was caused by road hazard something. I asked the service guy: do you really believe what you're telling me? He told me at some point that it is Ford who pays him so he answers what Ford tells him to answer. So, I sent an email to Ford customer service department and thay told me that if the dealer says it's not covered, Ford will take the dealer words that it is not.

My next step was the insurance evaluation of the damage. The inspector (damage evaluator) wrote in his report that the issue can only be caused by a bad painting process, nothing caused by road hazard or anything else.

My next step is to go back to the dealer with the report and ask again if they will cover or not the repairs.

My car is still under the 3 years bumper to bumper warranty as I don't use it much. This issue should be covered by the 5 years construction default warranty.

As I am in Canada and more specifically in Quebec province, we have a government instance to deal with manufacturers who don't want to support their own warranty. It will be the step following my visit to the dealer. I just need to file a complaint and from there, I think that I can go past the warranty ending date until the resolution of the case. Maybe you should all look if you have the same kind of support from your legislators.

That appears to be the only course of action now for the many that are in this position with peeling paint issues as Ford appears to have wiped their hands of it. How they can insist it is not a warranty issue is beyond me and a class action would crucify them in my view.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have the blue 2017 Escape with the paint peeling in the same area, the pillars next to the windshield. It was a little over a week ago that I noticed the passenger side peeling. I took it to the dealership, but naturally, it's out of warranty and they won't do anything about it. I called Ford Customer Care, they basically said the same thing, but filed the complaint anyway. I was gearing up to take it to a paint and body shop next week (for upwards of $600 for a manufacturer defect of PAINT), and then I just noticed today that it is now beginning to bubble and chip on the driver's side as well. I'm calling and filing an additional complaint. I encourage anyone else to do so as well. Customer Care advised me to keep my receipt in the event of something coming up down the line, such as a recall, and THEN they would be able to help. Maybe if enough complaints are filed, they will actually do something about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Peeling paint

i have a 2017 Ford escape and 2 weeks ago I was shocked to see a big peice of paint removed from my left side of the windshield!!!!
In San Francisco KPIX CH is working on something about the paint peeling. If you live in the SF Bay Area and have an Escape that is just barely out of warranty with peeling paint. Please contact them. They want to hear from you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In San Francisco KPIX CH is working on something about the paint peeling. If you live in the SF Bay Area and have an Escape that is just barely out of warranty with peeling paint. Please contact them. They want to hear from you.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts