2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All, I made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they said it sounded like a case, but after uploading all my documentation and pictures and filling out multiple forms they finally wrote back and said that because the vehicle is out of the warranty period there is nothing they can do to help. If the car was still under warranty I wouldn't be asking for their help in the first place. I can't believe how useless they were and waste of my time. Was hoping to share some good news from them so others could get help as well. I also tried contacting Lemon Law attorneys in California, but they weren't interested. Looks like Class Action is the only way, but I am going to email my local news Consumer Reporter first and will let everyone know what transpires.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
That's the go....If you and others can shame them on TV or on their Facebook or other social media sites that will get their attention. In Australia there is a regular nightly TV current affairs show that investigates a huge amount of consumer complaints involving just about everything. It has a big following and they usually get results. I would imagine that there is a similar TV program in the US.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's the go....If you and others can shame them on TV or on their Facebook or other social media sites that will get their attention. In Australia there is a regular nightly TV current affairs show that investigates a huge amount of consumer complaints involving just about everything. It has a big following and they usually get results. I would imagine that there is a similar TV program in the US.
I have paint flaking off of the bottom edges of my doors. I can add pics of mine if you need. Just keep us informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have paint flaking off of the bottom edges of my doors. I can add pics of mine if you need. Just keep us informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am in Australia :). We haven't had this problem here to my knowledge as I think our Escapes are manufactured elsewhere. Just trying to suggest further action going forward. ;)

Reactions: Built1.6

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wildcat, looks like your peeling exactly in the same spots mine was. Funnily enough, I’m about to go pick the car up now. They sent it to an auto body shop, Was there for a week. Ford covered the repair and the dealer gave me a loner. I am still under warranty. If you’re still under warranty, take car in ASAP. Only reason I took a bit to get it done, is procrastination. Lol. Good luck!
hi, how was this resolved? did they only repaint the pillar or entire vehicle? was clear coat also applied? i just bought a 2018 yesterday, 29k miles, same color blue as in the photo, and the driver side pillar near the windshield is peeling/flaking, the area is about 2 feet in length. how does the damaged area look now?

amy

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got gas tonight and noticed what I thought was a leaf, but as you can see, the paint is chipping/flaking off the car. There is no visible trauma, just flaking off. Driver side windshield pillar. As you can see, a piece has come off and there is a larger section ready to come off as well, also area above it feels lumpy. The material underneath looks like paint was never on it. BTW, 2017 model, and I just hit 14k miles this week. Will be calling dealership tomorrow...SMH.

Anybody else have an issue like this? Know how they handle it?

I had a 2014 previously and had no issues with it at all. I like how they rearranged everything and the tech is better, but have had quality control issues since day one(fasteners not fastened, something rolling around in dashboard, sync issues, don't get me started on auto stop/fart system). I'm hoping just cause it was a first build, unlike my 2014.

Sorry for being dirty, they over salted roads for a storm that never happened here.
Whatever happened with this? I am having the same problem with my blue 2017 Escape. Did the dealer do anything for you? Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi mare, I don’t think that you were responding to me but I can tell you what I’ve learned over the past week or so. I was able to return my vehicle due the dealer under the dealer’s 3 day return period. They were going to “fix” the problem by touching it up. They told me that a lot of manufacturers have “paint problems”. That didn’t make me feel any better.

If you’re vehicle is out of warranty they won’t do any thing. You should keep complaining to ford corporate, who also won’t do anything And complain to better business bureau, your local news station regarding your local dealer. Complain to anyone r you can. Be persistent with ford corporate and MAYBe you will get somewhere.

I did some google “research” and found a man that has sued ford in small claims court and won his damages! I joined a ford Facebook page and found others who also advised that small claims court had positive outcomes. I havent read about any cooperation from ford. If you’re out of warranty you are on your own. I’m sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have the same problem. Fighting with Ford right now as my 2017 escape is peeling on drivers side pillar. Desletshop even told me it's a manufacturers defect but since its 6 months out of warranty they won't do anything. If anyone knows what we can do please let me know.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Have the same problem. Fighting with Ford right now as my 2017 escape is peeling on drivers side pillar. Desletshop even told me it's a manufacturers defect but since its 6 months out of warranty they won't do anything. If anyone knows what we can do please let me know.
It is a terrible situation to be in but all I can suggest is to follow the advice of the previous post to yours. Ford dealerships or Ford Customer Service will not help so all you can do is shame them on social media such as Facebook and possibly contact the local consumer complaints media in your area or maybe even a congressman.
Also someone on Facebook may have links to a class action.

From what I understand this appears to be a manufacturing defect in blue US built cars only as we do not appear to have this problem in Australia where our cars are manufactured in a different country.
I do not know about blue ones in other countries but if it only affects US vehicles surely there is an avenue for legal action against the manufacturing plant there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Talked to ford again today. Was told by supervisor (Colleen) 1-866-632-3788 but I don't have her extension or 1-800-392-3673 don't need an extension on this one) that ford has not had a lot of complaints on the paint peeling. Don't believe her but maybe if we can get everyone having this problem to call and ask for her maybe something can be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue, 2017 Escape SE. Talked to two different dealerships, both said not covered as we're over 36k miles. Second dealership submitted pictures to Ford who also denied coverage. I've also spoke with a couple different people at Ford who deny this being a common issue and said I'd have to pay out of pocket to fix it but to "hold on to your receipts in case there is a recall issued"

·
Registered
4 Posts
For this to be happening to our cars in all the same locations (around the windshield), then it is definitely a manufacturer's defect and they should fix the issue regardless of warranty coverage. This is not an isolated issue. Ford, do better!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone been able to get this issue resolved and painted by Ford? I just discovered my paint chipping on the side of the windshield. I can't deal with this Escape anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone!
I bought a new 2017 Ford Escape that is the color “lightening blue” in 2016 with now roughly 53,000 miles on it. At the beginning of this month I noticed my paint is literally peeling off my car! I contacted Corporate Ford and they are dilly dallying and it’s getting worse and worse by the day... has anyone else had this problem or went through this process to get it fixed?
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If you search this forum you will find countless people here with this problem but only with blue cars apparently.
Ford are well aware of it but won't do anything especially if the car is out of warranty.
Refer to the action others here are suggesting/taking. :)

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,059 Posts
I merge
Hi everyone!
I bought a new 2017 Ford Escape that is the color “lightening blue” in 2016 with now roughly 53,000 miles on it. At the beginning of this month I noticed my paint is literally peeling off my car! I contacted Corporate Ford and they are dilly dallying and it’s getting worse and worse by the day... has anyone else had this problem or went through this process to get it fixed? View attachment 77297
i merged your thread with this existing thread

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you search this forum you will find countless people here with this problem but only with blue cars apparently.
Ford are well aware of it but won't do anything especially if the car is out of warranty.
Refer to the action others here are suggesting/taking. :)
Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I merge

i merged your thread with this existing thread
I'm having the same problem same side same everything and they told me I have to pay out of pocket and keep receipts for future whatever. Bottom line this will be my last Ford I buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
20200726_152532.jpg
Having same problem as most of the posts above as of today. 2017 Titanium Escape with 28,000 and out of warranty. Going to dealer, but with previous posts I am not looking to get very far. This makes me sick...to many people with the same problem for Ford not to take responsibility and fix these cars.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts