2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

my 2017 Ford Escape SE 😭 bought it used had it for a month and a half and it started. Factory 3 years up so I guess I’m out of luck. Dang sucks to see so many with the same issue!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exactly the same issue with paint and in exactly the same place. The dealership and Ford refuse to fix the issue and state that is my responsibility. Apparently my warranty became invalid 3 month prior to me noticing it. How did you resolve it?
Please feel free to reply.

So I got gas tonight and noticed what I thought was a leaf, but as you can see, the paint is chipping/flaking off the car. There is no visible trauma, just flaking off. Driver side windshield pillar. As you can see, a piece has come off and there is a larger section ready to come off as well, also area above it feels lumpy. The material underneath looks like paint was never on it. BTW, 2017 model, and I just hit 14k miles this week. Will be calling dealership tomorrow...SMH.

Anybody else have an issue like this? Know how they handle it?

I had a 2014 previously and had no issues with it at all. I like how they rearranged everything and the tech is better, but have had quality control issues since day one(fasteners not fastened, something rolling around in dashboard, sync issues, don't get me started on auto stop/fart system). I'm hoping just cause it was a first build, unlike my 2014.

Sorry for being dirty, they over salted roads for a storm that never happened here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I got gas tonight and noticed what I thought was a leaf, but as you can see, the paint is chipping/flaking off the car. There is no visible trauma, just flaking off. Driver side windshield pillar. As you can see, a piece has come off and there is a larger section ready to come off as well, also area above it feels lumpy. The material underneath looks like paint was never on it. BTW, 2017 model, and I just hit 14k miles this week. Will be calling dealership tomorrow...SMH.

Anybody else have an issue like this? Know how they handle it?

I had a 2014 previously and had no issues with it at all. I like how they rearranged everything and the tech is better, but have had quality control issues since day one(fasteners not fastened, something rolling around in dashboard, sync issues, don't get me started on auto stop/fart system). I'm hoping just cause it was a first build, unlike my 2014.

Sorry for being dirty, they over salted roads for a storm that never happened here.
The paint will start falling off on the passenger side pillar next, and then above the window around the windshield. I have a 2017 escape and went through the same crap. I informed the Ford dealership to fix it correctly each time, and showed them all of the people who had the same problem. They promised to fix it right each time, but lied. I am now on the third repair around the top of the windshield, it's now out of warranty, and I will soon take Ford to small claims court to fix the factory defect correctly. I have had a Ford all my life, and will never buy one again. They have constant problems with paint simply falling off due to chemical issues with their paint and primer not being compatible.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts