2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got gas tonight and noticed what I thought was a leaf, but as you can see, the paint is chipping/flaking off the car. There is no visible trauma, just flaking off. Driver side windshield pillar. As you can see, a piece has come off and there is a larger section ready to come off as well, also area above it feels lumpy. The material underneath looks like paint was never on it. BTW, 2017 model, and I just hit 14k miles this week. Will be calling dealership tomorrow...SMH.

Anybody else have an issue like this? Know how they handle it?

I had a 2014 previously and had no issues with it at all. I like how they rearranged everything and the tech is better, but have had quality control issues since day one(fasteners not fastened, something rolling around in dashboard, sync issues, don't get me started on auto stop/fart system). I'm hoping just cause it was a first build, unlike my 2014.

Sorry for being dirty, they over salted roads for a storm that never happened here.
Just spoke to dealer about similar problem on my daughters 2017 Escape. They say they have seen it before but only on the Blue Escapes and it eventually happens to both front pillars but they dont know why.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got gas tonight and noticed what I thought was a leaf, but as you can see, the paint is chipping/flaking off the car. There is no visible trauma, just flaking off. Driver side windshield pillar. As you can see, a piece has come off and there is a larger section ready to come off as well, also area above it feels lumpy. The material underneath looks like paint was never on it. BTW, 2017 model, and I just hit 14k miles this week. Will be calling dealership tomorrow...SMH.

Anybody else have an issue like this? Know how they handle it?

I had a 2014 previously and had no issues with it at all. I like how they rearranged everything and the tech is better, but have had quality control issues since day one(fasteners not fastened, something rolling around in dashboard, sync issues, don't get me started on auto stop/fart system). I'm hoping just cause it was a first build, unlike my 2014.

Sorry for being dirty, they over salted roads for a storm that never happened here.
I could have written this myself. I have 2017, same model and trim, but mine is pearl white. I haven't had the other issues, except with the auto stop/fart system, (I like that, I'm going to use it) but noticed the other day my pillar is peeling also. All other paint is fine. Got an estimate from body shop...$787 dollars. Apparently, the pillar is connected to the rear quarter panel. Took it to the dealer yesterday, they submitted to Ford, haven't heard back. How did yours get resolved?

141 - 142 of 142 Posts