2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned a car with a moon roof before...

So, summer* has arrived, and of course at times I am parked in the full sun. Obviously, the vehicle heats up while sitting there in the sun. To minimize heat build up, I figured I should close the sun shade on the moon roof, but then it occurred to me that I could also open the rear of the moon roof to allow heat to escape. For those of you with (vast?) experience with moon roof-equipped. vehicles, which would be the better approach?

*I'm in the Pacific Northwest, where the terms "summer" and "hot sun" are definitely relative...we're a LONG way from Tucson!

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts

So, summer* has arrived, and of course at times I am parked in the full sun. Obviously, the vehicle heats up while sitting there in the sun. To minimize heat build up, I figured I should close the sun shade on the moon roof, but then it occurred to me that I could also open the rear of the moon roof to allow heat to escape. For those of you with (vast?) experience with moon roof-equipped. vehicles, which would be the better approach?

*I'm in the Pacific Northwest, where the terms "summer" and "hot sun" are definitely relative...we're a LONG way from Tucson!

You also get alot of rain in the Pacific Northwest but this is the dry time of year which also is a relative term. I am from Texas and it gets hot down here. What I do is have reflective sunshade for the windshiled and leave the roof shade closed. If you want to bother, you can open two car doors before you get in and then holding the handle flap one. This will move the superheated air out and allow the AC to cool faster. I would be afaid of leaving the roof open and getting hit from a passing shower.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Moon Roof Sunshade Closed. AND use external winshied sunshade above to keep Dash Cam cool and inside of car,

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I have remote global open/close. I open up the windows as I approach the vehicle to vent the hot air.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I tried that on mine but no good,, it is becasue yours is a Titanium and I have an SE..both are 2017's
Yes, I do believe you need one-touch up/down on all windows for this to work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Post #5--#7, you guys do know you are on the 4th Generation Escape (2020+) forum.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
air is not going to move out of the moonroof, unless you have another window open slightly to let air in to displace it.
you could crack open the moonroof, and pull the shade 80% closed to get the best of both.

i have one of those windsheild blockers anyways.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I live in southeast GA, I'd recommend just tinting the windows and buying a windshield drape or whatever they are called

1 - 10 of 10 Posts