2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the parking brake. In the manual, it said that you could automatically apply it when you shift into park (P). pg 218. I didn't see any instruction on how to do it. Does anyone know if this can be done or do you have to manually set the brake by pulling up on it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Read page 205. It says it might apply automatically when parking on a steep slope.

It doesn't look like there is a way to make it apply automatically at all times when parking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. The Rav4 has automatic parking brakes. Guess I'll have to do it manually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I
I have a question about the parking brake. In the manual, it said that you could automatically apply it when you shift into park (P). pg 218. I didn't see any instruction on how to do it. Does anyone know if this can be done or do you have to manually set the brake by pulling up on it?
I’ve got a 2020 Escape SE and when I bought it new in October 2019 it would only occasionally automatically apply the parking brake, specifically on inclined surfaces. A month ago I disconnected the battery terminals to install an aftermarket auto dimming rear view mirror. After hooking the terminals back up it now automatically applies the parking brake every single time I shift the turn nob to park. Can’t figure out what caused the change and I don’t know how to turn the function off now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's the best way to make it automatically apply. I found this in my continental.

Use brake hold always. Just leave it on. Its a great feature anyways.

When parking, depress the brake pedal enough so "auto hold" turns on. Then simply unbuckle your seatbelt and open the door. The second the door opens with your seatbelt off the car will shift into park and apply the parking brake. It also makes it so you don't have to touch any buttons. If your seatbelt is on it will just freak out and not do anything so make sure you have unbuckled it first. As soon as you open the door you can turn the car off too. In my Lincoln I had to wait a few seconds or it wouldn't apply the parking brake. In my FE it is instant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts