2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car passenger glovebox light is ON always, looks like the door doesn't close properly as i see some gap which causes to have the light switched on. Any way to fix this?

·
Registered
704 Posts
My car passenger glovebox light is ON always, looks like the door doesn't close properly as i see some gap which causes to have the light switched on. Any way to fix this?
FWIW, here's a video on how to remove the glovebox. You may want to do that to check for a pinched or shorted wire, or find why the door isn't closing properly.

·
Registered
429 Posts
FWIW, here's a video on how to remove the glovebox. You may want to do that to check for a pinched or shorted wire, or find why the door isn't closing properly.
OP what year is your Escape?

2017 is not that simple or easy. The trim closest to the center stack is now tucked under that center stack trim (and with a lip now) which means you have to remove that center-stack trim. To do that you now have to remove the top half of the center console trim to get the lower center-stack trim out. Easy enough but, getting that extra piece of glove box trim tucked back under the center-stack trim is not easy. You will most likely need to remove the ENTIRE center console trim on the passenger side so you can get the glove box trim tucked back in correctly.

I learned this the hard way when running audio wires for an aftermarket sub amp. I don't know what Ford was thinking with that update. I haven't come across any videos for 2017+

·
Registered
704 Posts
OP what year is your Escape?

2017 is not that simple or easy. The trim closest to the center stack is now tucked under that center stack trim (and with a lip now) which means you have to remove that center-stack trim. To do that you now have to remove the top half of the center console trim to get the lower center-stack trim out. Easy enough but, getting that extra piece of glove box trim tucked back under the center-stack trim is not easy. You will most likely need to remove the ENTIRE center console trim on the passenger side so you can get the glove box trim tucked back in correctly.

I learned this the hard way when running audio wires for an aftermarket sub amp. I don't know what Ford was thinking with that update. I haven't come across any videos for 2017+
Thanks for the additional info. Even though I have a '17, I haven't attempted removing the glove box.
Hopefully mkranthikumar will see these replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts