2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Passenger Seat Vibration

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RTL0993 
#1 ·
So I have a 2017 SE 1.5 with cloth seats. Lately, it seems that the vertical part of my passenger seat vibrates and makes an annoying rattle noise when going over bumps on the passenger side of the car. I have tried adjusting my seat slightly forward and straightened the back adjustment in an effort to perhaps find just the right angle, but to no avail. The seat only vibrates when unoccupied. I have scoured the forum and only found one other person with my problem, but nobody answered that post. If anyone has any ideas about how to fix it, I’d be grateful to hear them!

#2 ·
How many miles has the car done?
Try having a wheel balance and alignment done if it has not been done for while.
Could also be a faulty tire on the passenger side which could be diagnosed during the wheel balancing.

#4 · (Edited)
when we got our 2013 escape it had 60k something miles on it and previous owners had put some off brand tires. Well at highway speeds the passenger seat would vibrate if no one was in it. Drove me nuts so we got an alignment and ditched the tires for brand new Continentals. Doesn’t do that anymore. Would check your tires for any irregular wear patterns.

#5 ·
Hmm... I have Michelin tires that I got with the car when I bought it used. They have a fair amount of tread left. The only unevenness is between the front and back pairs. The previous owner likely never rotated the tires which resulted in the front tires having significantly less tread than the rears. I have since had them rotated though. I plan on getting new Continental tires before next winter. Thanks for the advice though, I’ll have a talk with my mechanic and see if I should get those tires sooner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.