2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right section, but FWIW I had a pedal commander module sitting around for my 2018 F-250 and decided to plug it into my escape.

All I can say is WOW, what a huge difference - it really woke the engine up. Pedal Commander in Sport + mode and the escape in Sport mode made it feel like a completely different car.

It worked fine in EV mode and ICE mode, no codes no issues since I installed it a few weeks ago.

Reactions: V8Nissan

·
Registered
2021 Carbonized Grey SEL, Stealth Pack, Tech Pack, B&O, Pano Roof
63 Posts
Interesting. So there is less lag from a standing start or where did you feel the difference? I have read reviews about the commander and was a little hesitant to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think that’s basically all it does. There’s no tuning or anything… but it really does make a major difference. I had it on the highest setting and the car in sport and it was a lot of fun, like a complete different car.

I leave it much lower for everyday driving though.

If you have the extra cash I definitely recommend it!

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
69 Posts
I went with the Banks pedal monster because of the reverse safety feature which disables the pedal profile when in reverse and resorts to stock profile if any problems occur with the device. It is night and day using the device while driving. No waiting for the windup to accelerate, it's just on. The basic model needs the app on the phone to adjust the profiles. Too bad gas prices are so high now. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve read about that, but I didn’t want a wire always plugged into my OBD port all the time.

I’ve had the pedal commander for almost 4 years now and never once had an issue. I can see how that could be a consideration though.

The commander allows for Bluetooth phone connection but can also be adjusted locally on the module itself. It keeps memory of your last setting which is nice too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went with the Banks pedal monster because of the reverse safety feature which disables the pedal profile when in reverse and resorts to stock profile if any problems occur with the device. It is night and day using the device while driving. No waiting for the windup to accelerate, it's just on. The basic model needs the app on the phone to adjust the profiles. Too bad gas prices are so high now. :(
Just ordered one for mine! Need some extra pep for EV only mode. I like driving in eco for increased regeneration but want the off the line acceleration of normal or better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice - it won't do your battery any favors but it does make a difference.

Let me know how you like it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got the pedal monster today finally! It's exactly what the EV only mode needed. I drove in eco and it really adds a lot to it in track mode. Reverse sensing does not work however on my phev. Feels like a Tesla off the line now lol. It's exactly what I was looking for since I'm not crazy about the lack of pep in eco EV only mode but I want the increased regeneration. It feels maybe slightly peppier than normal mode in eco if I had to describe it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting your reverse sensing stopped working - I’m not familiar with the pedal monster though too much though. I have the commander and haven’t noticed any loss of features. Everything works fine for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting your reverse sensing stopped working - I’m not familiar with the pedal monster though too much though. I have the commander and haven’t noticed any loss of features. Everything works fine for me
The pedal monster plugs into your OBD2 and is supposed to sense reverse so that it doesn't apply the jack rabbit pedal effect in reverse lol. Now it's as fast backwards as it is forward. Good way for the unsuspecting wife to take off the mirror leaving the garage lmao. Pedal monster was not approved yet for a 2022 but was for a 2021 escape.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still odd, my commander does not work when in reverse (I tried it) - reverse feels fully normal even when set to the highest setting.

I thought the OBD was just for backup power in the event the module dies for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
69 Posts
The pedal monster plugs into your OBD2 and is supposed to sense reverse so that it doesn't apply the jack rabbit pedal effect in reverse lol. Now it's as fast backwards as it is forward. Good way for the unsuspecting wife to take off the mirror leaving the garage lmao. Pedal monster was not approved yet for a 2022 but was for a 2021 escape.
Just email a request to add your escape to the reverse mode. Banks replied right away when I had questions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just email a request to add your escape to the reverse mode. Banks replied right away when I had questions.
My original order was lost by fedex and I had to pester them to get another one shipped. I'm sure they hate me by now. They were very hard to get a hold of and I went through about 3 people before anyone did anything about it. I actually gave up and told them to cancel it and then it shipped anyway. So now I have one from summit to return and the one from banks lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just an update on the pedal monster! I highly recommend this mod for anyone that's performance driving oriented. I'm enjoying the EV only mode in the escape so much more now. I was growing bored with the performance of the escape after only 3 months of ownership after trading in my 370Z convertible.(Had a baby) lol. This makes the initial punch of the electric motor feel like a model 3 I test drove. Obviously there's no more total power but theres so much more response for moderate acceleration and it gives you a punch each time you hit the pedal. I'll be much happier driving with this mod. I would have went with a full EV vehicle but no affordable ones can make our couple hundred mile monthly trip home. Also the cost of a Battery replacement in the escape is only about 6 grand (part only). I've been hearing horror stories of the mach e and f150 batteries being 20-30k. Theyre so expensive that Ford doesn't list the price of them online in parts. If you have to ask it's too expensive for you lmao.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts