1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Escape Titanium PHEV - Anti-Matter Blue
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trim: Titanium with Premium Package
Color: Anti-Matter Blue

Still learning all the features and functions. I do love the HUD, its also nice that using Waze NAV also works on the HUD. For the folks wondering about pricing:

Bought it with the X-Plan (for owning Ford Stock) Purchase price after tax/tags was 44k. Got $3250 in incentives (was surprised about this but supposedly an incentive for placing an order, the some bonus cash thing and like $500 for trade assist. So before my trade in and any money down my actual price was $41,003. Will also get a $6800 fed tax refund.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Trim: Titanium with Premium Package
Color: Anti-Matter Blue

Still learning all the features and functions. I do love the HUD, its also nice that using Waze NAV also works on the HUD. For the folks wondering about pricing:

Bought it with the X-Plan (for owning Ford Stock) Purchase price after tax/tags was 44k. Got $3250 in incentives (was surprised about this but supposedly an incentive for placing an order, the some bonus cash thing and like $500 for trade assist. So before my trade in and any money down my actual price was $41,003. Will also get a $6800 fed tax refund.
Good looking vehicle...Question, what is the X-Plan for owning Ford Stock,,I have some Ford, never heard this...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good looking vehicle...Question, what is the X-Plan for owning Ford Stock,,I have some Ford, never heard this...
Thanks, if you own 100 shares of Ford stock (and have for over 6 months you are eligible to get an X-Plan pin. Its basically a friends an family discount when buying a Ford. You can use it once a year. I don't know the exact # but I think its invoice + $100. Also a lot of those bs dealer fees are capped.

Its great right now since car dealerships are charging crazy markups.

From Fords website:

DO SHAREHOLDERS QUALIFY FOR VEHICLE DISCOUNTS?
Ford Motor Company offers the “Friends and Neighbors” pricing discount to our qualifying shareholders. To be eligible, you must show you are a current Ford Motor Company shareholder who has held a minimum of one hundred (100) shares of Ford Motor Company stock for at least the past 6 months. We call this discount the Shareholder X-Plan Program.
The application for a shareholder X-Plan Pin (X-Pin) can be found at the link below. All further instructions are included in this document
Shareholder X-Plan Program
You can also obtain the application and submit additional questions about how the plan works by contacting the AXZ Headquarters using the contact information below.
Contact AXZ Headquarters
Telephone: 1-800-348-7709
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Thanks, if you own 100 shares of Ford stock (and have for over 6 months you are eligible to get an X-Plan pin. Its basically a friends an family discount when buying a Ford. You can use it once a year. I don't know the exact # but I think its invoice + $100. Also a lot of those bs dealer fees are capped.

Its great right now since car dealerships are charging crazy markups.

From Fords website:

DO SHAREHOLDERS QUALIFY FOR VEHICLE DISCOUNTS?
Ford Motor Company offers the “Friends and Neighbors” pricing discount to our qualifying shareholders. To be eligible, you must show you are a current Ford Motor Company shareholder who has held a minimum of one hundred (100) shares of Ford Motor Company stock for at least the past 6 months. We call this discount the Shareholder X-Plan Program.
The application for a shareholder X-Plan Pin (X-Pin) can be found at the link below. All further instructions are included in this document
Shareholder X-Plan Program
You can also obtain the application and submit additional questions about how the plan works by contacting the AXZ Headquarters using the contact information below.
Contact AXZ Headquarters
Telephone: 1-800-348-7709
Email: [email protected]
Thanks for the info...So if you can , how much did you save with your X-Plan, and does it correspond to the amount of shares you own??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info...So if you can , how much did you save with your X-Plan, and does it correspond to the amount of shares you own??
Nope, you just need 100 shares of stock for at least 6 months to request one. The Ford X plan price for a vehicle is the dealer invoice minus 0.4% dealer invoice plus an administration fee of $275.

Obviously the biggest benefit of it right now is since most dealers are charging MSRP and or a markup, this prevents them from doing that.

On the order sheet this is what it has:

MSRP: - $42,740
Invoice: - $41076.28

X-Plan: - $41186.97
A/Z Plan - $39587.28
D Plan - $39687.28

·
Registered
491 Posts
Great color choice but for me this looks too expensive to be worth it. For some reason I thought with fed credit it would be pretty good deal. Actually I calculated that it's roughly $6k more after all taxes and credits then what I paid for an identical Titanium trim with plain ICE exact a year ago. On top of higher price it lacks power and AWD. Ford needs to fix this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great color choice but for me this looks too expensive to be worth it. For some reason I thought with fed credit it would be pretty good deal. Actually I calculated that it's roughly $6k more after all taxes and credits then what I paid for an identical Titanium trim with plain ICE exact a year ago. On top of higher price it lacks power and AWD. Ford needs to fix this.
Thanks, I really liked the Anti Matter blue color. With that said I think its hard to really compare this to a FE Hybrid from last year though. Right now its almost impossible to find a Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid with Premium package under $38k and thats assuming they aren't charging any markups. This comes out to 34k before taxes and tags.

Also this Escape Plug-in is in direct competiton which the Rav4 Prime which may have AWD but really only gets 5 miles more on Electric, but worse MPG in Hynrid and if you want a fully loaded one will run you close to 59k.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks, I really liked the Anti Matter blue color. With that said I think its hard to really compare this to a FE Hybrid from last year though. Right now its almost impossible to find a Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid with Premium package under $38k and thats assuming they aren't charging any markups. This comes out to 34k before taxes and tags.

Also this Escape Plug-in is in direct competiton which the Rav4 Prime which may have AWD but really only gets 5 miles more on Electric, but worse MPG in Hynrid and if you want a fully loaded one will run you close to 59k.
Yeah that's the color I was looking for but couldn't find it at the time. Oh well settled for gray 🙂

I have been looking at plugins thinking about upgrading next year prefer PHEV over BEV but choices aren't that great. Escape PHEV isn't much of a competitor to Prime though if you put all specs together but it sure is cheaper entry. If Ford added AWD and made it as fast Prime and keep MSRP under 45k for top trim I would be all over that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same color and I love the way the color flips from black to blue to purple during the day when the lighting changes. My experience so far has been great. On the freeway it can handle 30 MPH cross winds cruising at 70 MPH with little buffeting. Around town where I use it 95% of the time it is perfect for me.

Coming from an 2013 AWD Ti I was worried about losing the AWD but our first long road trip made me feel comfortable.

My personal reasons were to stop paying for gas (4.83 Per Gallon right now) and range as the 2013 only managed 17 MPG in town on a good day. Too many stops and starts and I won't even talk about the formulations.

Enjoy your new ride. I am enjoying mine.

PS. Another place to get X-plan is through Veterans Advantage but you have to be a member for 90 days before you can get a pin.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, our order for the ESCAPE PHEV, which we placed in January of 2020 .....yes 2020, finally came in October 1st. YEAH!!! Titanium in Anti-Matter Blue and the premium package. Lots of things to learn as it's quite the upgrade from our 2010 Hybrid. So far, after the trip from Boise to Stanley about 140 miles on mountain roads it drives and handles very nice. Have already ordered Michelin X-ICE-2 in 17 inch 225 65 with wheels ...for the coming winter driving. This will be our first ever non-Four Wheel Drive rig in about 40 years. We'll see how it goes when the snow and Ice get here. Stanley Idaho provides pretty severe winter driving conditions....
Happy FORDaholic

Reactions: ctb and TxTom

·
Registered
2021 Sport Hybrid FWD SE
150 Posts
Congrats! You'll be fine...you don't need awd, just be smart...if it's up to the frame find a new route... otherwise fwd is pulling vs pushing and it's literally impossible to get stuck on flat pavement, besides ice or hills...just more things to brake down if you ask me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats! You'll be fine...you don't need awd, just be smart...if it's up to the frame find a new route... otherwise fwd is pulling vs pushing and it's literally impossible to get stuck on flat pavement, besides ice or hills...just more things to brake down if you ask me.
Thanks for the encouragement. I hope you are right. Time will tell. Sometimes the road to our home has 5 inches or so of new snow on it before I can get it plowed.....never a problem with AWD or 4 wheel drive. Again we shall see.
GARY
FORDaholic

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement. I hope you are right. Time will tell. Sometimes the road to our home has 5 inches or so of new snow on it before I can get it plowed.....never a problem with AWD or 4 wheel drive. Again we shall see.
GARY
FORDaholic
If you are on flat area you might be ok with good tires but it's not fun. Personally I would never get FWD car, it's not worth it unless you live in flat and sunny state.

Reactions: Tall Timbers

·
Registered
2021 Sport Hybrid FWD SE
150 Posts
Easy. Im looking at my keyboard right now which is about 5in wide. granted youre not flooring it and driving like youre in a derby. Before the hybrid I had a fwd escape for 10 years and never got it stuck. it was a 2012 so I dont know if that was a gen 3 or 2 but I had no issues driving in close to a foot of snow(soft). It was slippery but never an issue. these gen 4s are alot lower to the ground so that can be an issue. I did get stuck last year LOL. Snow was coming down so hard I couldnt see and while making a turn, I went off the main tracks and right into some deep snow. I bottomed out and snow was pass the doors. Had to shove the door open a little bit to get out. It was completely framed out. Luckily other drivers had stopped and provided a shovel and some muscle and I was out in less then 15mins. If it was AWD would I have still been stuck, hard to say. half the frame was stuck on some hard snow(plows) so the back wheels might of just kept spinning. Had there not even been tracks from the other cars, as long as I had gave it some gas to get pass the "hump", Im pretty confident I would of made it.

You can always carry a shovel and salt if you feel the need but im from NJ, we had plenty of storms last year with 5in of snow. no issues besides that one which was my fault. If I had stayed in the tracks I would of never got stuck. We got way over a foot that storm. It also surprised me how people could come together and help when in need. Here I thought I would be calling a tow truck or begging a plow to help.

·
Registered
303 Posts
AWD could be helpful if you have snow, I had a 2013 FORD CMAX Hybrid, the best car I have ever own with 273k miles when I traded in for my FEHP. I did just fine in the snow, but I know how to drive in the snow, Lived in Flagstaff, AZ for 25 yrs. I have had a number of FWD Fords and they all did fine in the snow. MY FEHP with 2.5k miles now I'm averaging 48 mi./ charge with 1k EV miles. On dry roads I'm getting 50 mpg on the FWY in ICE Mode. The first of last month I drove to Cleveland and back from Newnan, GA( Southwest Atlanta), 1500 mi. in two and half days in heavy enough rain that you couldn't see the lines on the FWY and My FEHP did amazingly well, no complains here.

Paul

·
Registered
Escape PHEV
7 Posts
Nice color just like mine!
I got my Titanium with Plan X too, made a good difference (1850$CAD) and i also haggle a 3M hood film and cargo shade.

Congrats !

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know the note they do offer an all wheel drive plug-in hybrid but it's the Lincoln Corsair which is based off the escape platform

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't know the note they do offer an all wheel drive plug-in hybrid but it's the Lincoln Corsair which is based off the escape platform
Yeah... but who wants to pay $20k-$30k more for it with measly 28 ev miles... At least when I compare the price I paid for loaded Escape ICE. In this price range MachE starts looking more attractive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice color just like mine!
I got my Titanium with Plan X too, made a good difference (1850$CAD) and i also haggle a 3M hood film and cargo shade.

Congrats !
Whats the Cargo shade? didn't see that as an option, at least in the US>

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whats the Cargo shade? didn't see that as an option, at least in the US>
I ordered this for my 2021 Titanium PHEV at the time I ordered it at the dealer in Texas in July. MSRP price was $135. It's a soft cover attached to the inside of the hatch that raises and lowers with the hatch. Similar to the one in my Mach-E but attaches better.

EASY ACCESS CARGO SHADE

1 - 20 of 37 Posts