2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Escape Titanium PHEV - Anti-Matter Blue
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So something I noticed today. The Escape doesn't have turn signals on the side mirrors. Did they cheap out? Seems like all new cars have them these days. I believe the older Escape's had that too.

·
Registered
500 Posts
So something I noticed today. The Escape doesn't have turn signals on the side mirrors. Did they cheap out? Seems like all new cars have them these days. I believe the older Escape's had that too.
I have it in mine Titanium

·
Registered
10 Posts
Decontenting - The flashers in the mirrors were removed in the 2021 model Ti but BLIS indicators are still there. Not sure when they switched the spare to be an option.

Mike

Reactions: fbov

·
Registered
500 Posts
Decontenting - The flashers in the mirrors were removed in the 2021 model Ti but BLIS indicators are still there. Not sure when they switched the spare to be an option.

Mike
Likely cost savings same for engine cover. Maybe other things that are not noticable were removed. What about acoustic front glass and laminated side windows. Is that still present?

·
Registered
309 Posts

Mike
I got the spare tire on my 2021 FEHP.

Likely cost savings same for engine cover. Maybe other things that are not noticable were removed. What about acoustic front glass and laminated side windows. Is that still present?
Not sure what you mean by engine cover, mine has lower engine cover.

Paul

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I got the spare tire on my 2021 FEHP.

Not sure what you mean by engine cover, mine has lower engine cover.

Paul
The reference is to the engine cover on top where the engine oil dipstick is. Previous Escapes had it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look at the order sheet. Both of us got the spare mini tire but paid $110 for it. Previously that was standard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't on my Titanium , maybe the Premium package has it, wasn't going to pay an extra $2k for that.

Paul
No turn signal indicator lights on the outside review mirrors with my 2021 Titanium Premium PHEV. They also eliminated the floor lights in the back seat area.

·
Registered
2020 Escape AWD Hybrid Titanium
603 Posts
Conventional wisdom tells you to avoid early production of a new model. My 2020 missed the phone charger, but got a functional dash display, acoustic glass, engine cover, rearview mirror turn signals, and I guess some floor lights? Reliability to 30K has been perfect, save for a harness some critters had for lunch.

I hope the plug-in launch works out as well!

·
Registered
2021 Escape Titanium PHEV - Anti-Matter Blue
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My PHEV shows SoundScreen on the front window if that is what you mean.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
For me that is a good thing with Grill Covers on my car, air circulating around the ICE cools it some. Looking forward to my next long distance trip to try out my aero improvements.

Paul
Paul, where did you get the Grill Covers??? I live in cold country and can't find a way to put my old radiator cover inside the grill.
We are loving our 2021 PHEV Titanium.

GARY
Stanley, ID

·
Registered
309 Posts
I made them from .046 LEXAN sheet. Unfortunately the grill is 3 dimensional and would need a mold to form it and make it fit better. The VELCRO didn't work that well so I had to use 4 screws to hold it in place. I haven't used them in Hybrid mode yet. Looks like I will be going on long trip next week and I will get chance to monitor WT and if it gets to 225*F use EV to cool down the ICE.
I used up the HVB today with Mods on and got 50.7 miles which is a mile more than my best of 49.7 miles with them off. I need to make and install wheel well covers next to see how much that helps.

Paul

21 - 37 of 37 Posts