2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…and man what an amazing vehicle….217 mpgs this week!

Only thing I have occasionally noticed the few times I have driven it is an odd ‘popping/clicking‘ sound in the cabin when coasting or lightly braking at low speeds (10-18 mph or so).

Had anyone else experienced this? I know there is a pedestrian alert system but I dont think it would sound like that would it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
…and man what an amazing vehicle….217 mpgs this week!

Only thing I have occasionally noticed the few times I have driven it is an odd ‘popping/clicking‘ sound in the cabin when coasting or lightly braking at low speeds (10-18 mph or so).

Had anyone else experienced this? I know there is a pedestrian alert system but I dont think it would sound like that would it?
On my 2021 PHEV, I don't notice the sound you mentioned when coasting/braking. Do hear some noises when parked in the garage when charging. Also the pedestrian alert system is very noticeable outside the car, but only when just starting out after putting it in gear, forward or reverse. Inside the car, not that loud at all. Sound comes from under the hood, under the air cleaner.

·
Registered
2021 Sport Hybrid FWD SE
159 Posts
Normal. I get those all the time. Scared the beep out of me when I slept in my car one night.... randomly did it lol.

·
Registered
2021 escape phev titanium
4 Posts
For this generation escape we have liquid cooled battery. That noise is from valves controlling coolant flow to cool the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts