2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear hatch hinge cover (roof panel) is held in place by what seems like Velcro. It blow off every time in car wash. Took it to Dealer and they used an adhesive of som kind to secure it. Don’t know if it’s permanent or not but what kind of design is that? Velcro?

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,513 Posts
Rear hatch hinge cover (roof panel) is held in place by what seems like Velcro. It blow off every time in car wash. Took it to Dealer and they used an adhesive of som kind to secure it. Don’t know if it’s permanent or not but what kind of design is that? Velcro?
You need to provide more details with your issue. You should also give us the details of your Escape (year, trim, engine, etc…). If you can, you should also provide a picture of what you are referring to in your post.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Picture please

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,001 Posts
Interesting use of a material.
Right up there with the use of magnets on the Fusion headliner at the rear and around the sunroof.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The two pieces circled in yellow are held on with velcro (at least in the 2020)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice! We need to take car apart, perhaps there is more velc... err... easter eggs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 Titanium Hybrid and have exact same issue. I have to take mine off before I go into car wash. 1st time it happened I started looking for replacement and found that the original part number has been discontinued and there is a new part number. They are like $90 each. Luckily the car wash found it and saw it blow off during the drying cycle on video. Lol. Can confirm velcro.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I tried pulling it from the front and it detached but had clip in there. Didn't see Velcro though as it was attached pretty well in the back and I didn't force it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts