2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, could someone please recommend which set (1st and 2nd row) I should get. Preferably custom fit already vs. cutting myself.
Also, should I remove then after getting the original cloth mats- I would assume they are redundant

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am very pleased with the OEMs in mine so far. The weather techs I have seen have a tendency to curl around the edges over time. The OEMs may do the same eventually, but liking them so far!

·
Registered
35 Posts
We had MaxLiners in our C-Max since the Ford ones were too flat. The Ford OEM mats in our 2021 Escape are comparable to the MaxLiners.

·
Registered
2020 Rapid Red Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
43 Posts
I have SmartLiners/MaxLiners and have been very pleased with them. You can usually get a full all-weather set including the cargo cover for about 225.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had weathertech in my 17 Escape and for some reason, I found them hard to clean, even at the car wash.

No such problem with the Ford all-weather set I got for my 20.

And you should be able to get them for free, or nearly free, using Ford Pass points of you bought the vehicle new.

·
Registered
2020 2.0 AWD SEL
55 Posts
I put in 3d Maxpider, they are contoured and hold all of the dirt/debris inside the contoured area. They also fit perfectly front and rear.

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE I3 & 2020 Titanium Hybrid
162 Posts
Reactions: LouSevens

·
Registered
420 Posts
Had weathertech in past cars they were too expensive and gray ones were difficult to clean. Also the second row was curling. Got smartliner for Escape and so far holding up well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, could someone please recommend which set (1st and 2nd row) I should get. Preferably custom fit already vs. cutting myself.
Also, should I remove then after getting the original cloth mats- I would assume they are redundant
I got weathertech via Amazon for my hybrid. Three pieces and all fit great and a lot less expensive than the OEM versions from Ford

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got the Ford ones with my points so they were "free".

The front mats are great.
The rear mats suck. They are too shallow so they don't fit properly (I can post a pic when I get home), and the 2-piece design makes installation easier but there's a weird gap.
The trunk liner is fine. It feels kind of cheap though.

If it were an option, I'd return them and try Weathertech or Smartliner and use my points for something else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have Weather Tech in my '19 Ranger, and I like them a lot. I've got the OEM cold weather mats in my '17 Escape (car had cold weather PKG) and I'm happy enough I don't plan on replacing them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wanted cheap, so I purchased some standard one size fits all from amazon and cut them real nice to fit my escape! Couldnt be happier. I paid $55 for front/rear/cargo kit. I'll save the heavy duty $$$ husky ones for my pickup and mud. The worst the escape will ever see is snow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I went with the Smart Liners as I had some Amazon credits. I put them in last night but after a long work week and getting some other packages arrive I didn't leave the rear one outside in the sun as they sometimes recommend but it seems it will fit nicely.

Am I being OCD- do I need to worry about the front one being to close to the pedal? It is snapped in and fits nicely but I just seem to worry sometime.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks everyone for your replies. I went with the Smart Liners as I had some Amazon credits. I put them in last night but after a long work week and getting some other packages arrive I didn't leave the rear one outside in the sun as they sometimes recommend but it seems it will fit nicely.

Am I being OCD- do I need to worry about the front one being to close to the pedal? It is snapped in and fits nicely but I just seem to worry sometime.
Obviously haven't seen it but no I had some flare up underneath the pedal and no issues

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE I3 & 2020 Titanium Hybrid
162 Posts
With the smartliner, that's basically impossible due to the shape of the mat.

Reactions: LouSevens

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts