2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, a popup message tells you to put your foot on the brake pedal and then release the e-brake.
I believe the manual states the electronic parking brake will automatically disengage once you reach 3 or 5 mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, all the time. Not I only is it better for the vehicle but it sounds really cool engaging. Does anyone else have the little roll if they do not engage, not really a roll just a inch forwarded.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No.
I rarely park anywhere that isn't flat so there is no need. If I am in the mountains someplace and have no flat place to park I would use it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm going to leave this right here....
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-recalling-270-000-cars-132048158.html

If you use the parking brake, one less reason your car could roll away...obviously doesn't resolve the underlying cause for why putting it in park doesn't work correctly but hey, you'd certainly be less likely to come find your car sitting in the middle of the road or worse, rolled into another car/cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please answer yes and no. Then you may leave a comment.

No.

I never have on my automatic vehicles, and only know of 1 person who mentioned they do. I know a lot of people too!
Yes always . Cars do roll away. Try parking in San Francisco without it.
Yes, all the time. Not I only is it better for the vehicle but it sounds really cool engaging. Does anyone else have the little roll if they do not engage, not really a roll just a inch forwarded.
Yes all the time. That little roll can lock the transmission.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts