2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

What Trim / Engine is your 13-20 Escape(s)?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of discussion here and here about the apparent limited availability of the 2.0 in 2018 (only with Titanium trim level), I thought it might be interesting to update this poll.

So, please participate telling us what you actually have, not what you prefer or want.

All years to date (2013-2017) all count the same; 'old' 2.0 and 'new dual scoll 2.0' both count the same; 'old' 1.6 and 'new' 1.5 count the same.

This poll allows multiple choices for folks that have or have had more than one Escape - PLEASE only vote once for EACH Escape you own or have owned (or lease ;-).

Thanks!

:)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Might shed some light on Ford's option matrix for the 2018's.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, if you happen to have or have had two FE's with the same trim and engine the poll won't allow you to vote for two of the same.

If that's your situation, please vote for one of 'em and then post here with something like ...

"I have two SE with 1.6 but could only vote for one"

I'll run a separate Excel sheet adding these and post 'corrected' results.

Thanks!

;)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, with 23 cars tallied by '13-'17 owners ...

75% of SE owners took the 2.0
100% of '13 SEL owners took the 2.0
So those two groups might not like the lack of the 2.0 on the SE and SEL in 2018

Only 8% of the Ti owners took the 1.6/1.5, so perhaps less significant for Ti buyers that Ford is eliminating that option in '18

Hoping for more poll participation, let's see how the numbers build ....

·
Registered
284 Posts
If the 2017 SE had not been offered with the 2.0, I would have chosen another branded CUV.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Only 8% of the Ti owners took the 1.6/1.5, so perhaps less significant for Ti buyers that Ford is eliminating that option in '18
I am an oddball, I've never denied it! I haven't tried building a 2018 Escape as I am quite happy with my 2014 Escape Titanium with the 1.6l EcoBoost and FWD. It has not let me down, power-wise, and the resultant overall fuel economy has exceeded my original expectations.

The main reason, though, that I went with the Titanium was it was the only way to get LED "DRL" from the Factory (with the 401A package). Since the Escape refresh in 2017, the LED DRLs appear to be available on the SE and standard on the SEL and Titanium. If I had to replace my 2014 Escape with a 2018, I'd get the SEL w/1.5l EcoBoost and AWD (in case my wife is lurking, no I'm not!)

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I am an oddball, I've never denied it! I haven't tried building a 2018 Escape as I am quite happy with my 2014 Escape Titanium with the 1.6l EcoBoost and FWD. It has not let me down, power-wise, and the resultant overall fuel economy has exceeded my original expectations.

The main reason, though, that I went with the Titanium was it was the only way to get LED "DRL" from the Factory (with the 401A package). Since the Escape refresh in 2017, the LED DRLs appear to be available on the SE and standard on the SEL and Titanium. If I had to replace my 2014 Escape with a 2018, I'd get the SEL w/1.5l EcoBoost and AWD (in case my wife is lurking, no I'm not!)

I've had 2 FE's a '13 SE and now a '17 SE. Both of them had the 1.6/1.5L engine and both were 4 wheel drive. Both were/are excellent cars. The smaller engine does just fine for our driving requirements and the fuel economy is just fine. I truly feel that sometimes, the smaller engine gets a "bad rap" here IMHO. The speed limit where I live is 50 MPH and 60 MPH (on multi lane highways) and we all know that heavy use of the gas pedal hurts fuel mileage and YES I'm 71 years young, been there done that. >:D

Reactions: mkurp and heliosue

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks @Foxbat and @MoneyPit1946 both for voting and for your comments!

I suspect that Ford has done their homework (market research) and ya'll aren't oddballs or outliers at all.

Methinks that the Escape will continue to be a big seller despite the mild chagrin expressed by some of we 2.0 fans about the 2018 engine offerings.

Still IMHO interesting to see the model/engine distribution here, so please respond to the poll if you've not already!

(and thanks to all that have participated already!)

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Just an fyi: The SE could also be ordered with the 2.5 motor in some years (2015 and 2016).

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
So not interested in the AWD option as part of the trim?
Me thinks this was more to guess why Ford is making the 2.0 only on the Titanium for 2018

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So not interested in the AWD option as part of the trim?
Considered but decided to keep the poll simpler and just focus on the engine; AFAIK the FWD/AWD choice hasn't changed for '18 and the change in '18 engine option bundling was my underlying interest.
;)

Just an fyi: The SE could also be ordered with the 2.5 motor in some years (2015 and 2016).
Well, I blew that one !
:eek:

Reactions: Foxbat

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Added it for you.
Thanks! You're a champ! :D

@SteveTurbo , following on your AWD question .... I realize there's lots of reasons folks choose both trim level and engine, and AWD might be one of those factors relating to engine choice for some. All that'd be interesting to study, I just decided to let those be 'spoken for' by the poll of what folks chose, not why. But follow-up posts like several have made explaining a bit about their choices are certainly welcome and interesting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If they hadn't offered the 2.0 in the SE, I wouldn't have even taken it on a test drive. The hp for the 2.0, plus knowing that it is basically an ST engine with aftermarket support is what made me make the jump.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With 45 cars (and no "S" trim votes yet), another way of looking at it ...

% of each trim that are 2.0
SE 67%
SEL 100%
Ti 89%
(overall 82% of sample chose 2.0)

% of each trim level
SE 33%
SEL 7%
Ti 60%
(total = 100% of sample)

Please tell us what you have, this sample isn't representative of even active forum members yet :eek: . :( . :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have 2 SE Escapes with the 2.0 but could only vote for one

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Lots of Ti trim. Car people typically like the top trim levels and car people like to come on car forums. Maybe you are going to get skewed results. I see so many FEs in my town, and I doubt anyone of them come on here. The FE is my wife's primary car, she is a younger owner. I typically see grandmas driving FEs around here in the SEL trim.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have 2 SE Escapes with the 2.0 but could only vote for one
Thanks, I'll add it in my next summary update.

Lots of Ti trim. Car people typically like the top trim levels and car people like to come on car forums. Maybe you are going to get skewed results. ....
No doubt the results are only representative of participants, not the total population of owners, and are skewed as you suggest at least.

:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts