2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think it might be interesting gauging the age groups on here! :)

1989 Chrysler Daytona 2.5L Turbo. Was running 20 psi with a Volvo intercooler! Kept blowing the head gasket after a while and sold it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is no longer photographic evidence of my first car (1969 Mustang Coupe). But it is mostly in my garage. One of these days I will have to put it back together. Time and money is what it will take. I have nine years before I will need it (my daughter wants the E for her first car).

·
Registered
759 Posts
1964.5 mustang yeah the one with a generator instead of an alternator... Was a rust tank but ran well. Had a 45 year old guy buy it off me when I was 19 for a lot more than I paid after getting it mechanically sound but visually a mess still. He fully restored it and I saw it once at a car show in Long Island. I was shocked. Then I went carless for 2 years and bought my VW

·
Registered
107 Posts
My first car was this 1966 Ford Cortina that I bought from my mom in 1971 for the princely sum of $400. She had talked my dad into buying her the 1968 Mustang that's in the background so this car became redundant. I only had this car for about a year; it was in the shop way too often and I finally got fed up with it. It got great mileage (low 30s) but took about a week to get up to freeway speeds. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
My first car was a '53 Morris Minor convertible. The Polaroid pictures, if I could even find them, are probably faded into nothing.

---

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
1999 Honda Civic Si. My parents bought it for me for getting good grades. I was a junior in high school at the time. Complete with a cold air intake, magnaflow catback exhaust, 17" momo millimiglia rims (on the stock ride height, which would be just laughable now-a-days...), and YES, yellow spray painted stock brake calipers! Awh yeah! No rice here!...

I remember once filling this car up with gas, gas prices had just gone OVER 2 dollars per gallon (a lot of money when your still in high school), and I remember thinking WOW this is OUT OF CONTROL!... (i know, i know, gas was 75 cents when you guys were growing up, but you guys are old, and I am not... lol, late 20's...) Those were the days, hehe...

My brother totaled it shortly after I graduated, an Excursion ran into him in an intersection. This thing's entire front end, including front sub-frame, were damaged beyond repair, while the excursion had a cracked front bumper, Ohh! and a broken headlight. Too bad, I loved this thing...

RIP

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I remember once filling this car up with gas, gas prices had just gone OVER 2 dollars per gallon (a lot of money when your still in high school), and I remember thinking WOW this is OUT OF CONTROL!... (i know, i know, gas was 75 cents when you guys were growing up, but you guys are old, and I am not... lol, late 20's...) Those were the days, hehe...

RIP

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/si2nr/media/1999HondaCivicSi_zpsd7758060.jpg.html

Even older than you can imagine. When I was in high school I had a part time job in a Hess station. Regular was $0.239 and a quart of oil was $0.35. ;)

---

·
Registered
70 Posts
1970 AMC Hornet. Looked like this one but blue. Had to sell it after about a year because there was a big hole in the wagon floor and it wouldn't pass inspection.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Cool, what color? Lots of pics on the web.
Brown paint and brown rust, about the same shade.

The thing I liked was that in addition to a 6 volt starter, it had an optional crank.

---

·
Registered
860 Posts
1970 AMC Hornet. Looked like this one but blue. Had to sell it after about a year because there was a big hole in the wagon floor and it wouldn't pass inspection.
That is a 76 Hornet..:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
1 - 20 of 86 Posts