2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New member here.
Have a 2013 SEL. 2.0L Ecoboost. Yesterday the battery was dead, why I have no idea. Spontaneous discharge? Did not leave any accessories working. The problem is the power functions of the drivers seat stopped working. No movement of seat possible. All else seems to be working after jumpstarting the battery and letting it charge. Battery is sitting at 12.77 volts. And accepts charge.
I’m not worried about the battery by the way. It’s one year old. But should I be? Any insight as to the drivers seat problem would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else have this same circumstance occur?

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Hello everyone. New member here.
Have a 2013 SEL. 2.0L Ecoboost. Yesterday the battery was dead, why I have no idea. Spontaneous discharge? Did not leave any accessories working. The problem is the power functions of the drivers seat stopped working. No movement of seat possible. All else seems to be working after jumpstarting the battery and letting it charge. Battery is sitting at 12.77 volts. And accepts charge.
I’m not worried about the battery by the way. It’s one year old. But should I be? Any insight as to the drivers seat problem would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else have this same circumstance occur?
Was the BMS reset when the battery was replaced?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have you check you fuse?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I have same issue. What is a BMS? Im not up on the jargon. This has happened twice to me. I believe one of the two was due to a battery issue. Ford Dealership charged me $99 to "diagnose". I said, "Would you please have them give me an estimate on getting the seat moving more than three inches back and forth. How about you don't diagnose because this is not something that should not surprise a Ford Service Mechanic. I set my appt with the dealer in case I can't figure out if it's jammed or otherwise. I will go to Discount Auto to have them test the fuses. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,211 Posts
Hey, I have same issue. What is a BMS?
it is battery management system. Do a search on the forum to learn more about this and to learn how to reset it. Should be easy to find.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was the BMS reset when the battery was replaced?
Just wanted to let you know that this comment led me down the BMS reset rabbit hole. My battery was dead anyway, so I replaced it and my seats started working again. Thanks! I also reset the BMS as required.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Just wanted to let you know that this comment led me down the BMS reset rabbit hole. My battery was dead anyway, so I replaced it and my seats started working again. Thanks! I also reset the BMS as required.
Glad I could help. How did you reset the BMS? Forscan? Did you verify it was reset by checking days in service counter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts