2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my screen, the power liftgate enable and disabled are both greyed out so I can enable anymore. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
On my screen, the power liftgate enable and disabled are both greyed out so I can enable anymore. Any ideas?
Model and trim level of Escape?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Per the order guide excerpt below, yes. Do the rest of the list show up? These are the other exterior upgrades from SE. If you're missing roof rails or fog lamps, it's not an SEL.
Frank

EXTERIOR ● Fog Lamps ● Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate ● Roof-Rack Rails – Black ● Tires – 225/60R18 All Season (A/S) BSW Wheel – 18” Machined-face Aluminum with Dark Stainlesspainted Pockets

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Per the order guide excerpt below, yes. Do the rest of the list show up? These are the other exterior upgrades from SE. If you're missing roof rails or fog lamps, it's not an SEL.
Frank

EXTERIOR ● Fog Lamps ● Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate ● Roof-Rack Rails – Black ● Tires – 225/60R18 All Season (A/S) BSW Wheel – 18” Machined-face Aluminum with Dark Stainlesspainted Pockets
Frank

I am not sure what you are talking about, but my liftgate was working fine, but all of a sudden, I can only open and close manually and the power asssit is disabled on the computer and I can’t enable. Both options are gray.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
I am not sure what you are talking about, but my liftgate was working fine, but all of a sudden, I can only open and close manually and the power asssit is disabled on the computer and I can’t enable. Both options are gray.
Since you did not provide enough information in the OP, some of us were going under the assumption that your Escape did not have it to begin with. Your last post was the first time you explained that it was working and no longer is.

Reactions: fbov

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,150 Posts
Take it to your dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, they can’t figure it out after a full day in the shop. They contacted Ford Canada to see what they say. What’s my recall on a brand new 2020?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did they ever figure out why this happened? We are having the same greyed out issue
Nope. Car went 4 times in shop. Changed wires, the unit and something else. I am bringing it in on Monday amd getting a rental till it’s fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nope. Car went 4 times in shop. Changed wires, the unit and something else. I am bringing it in on Monday amd getting a rental till it’s fixed.
That's crazy, hope they can figure it out. We will be
bringing ours in next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very crazy! I think it has to do with the computer screen as sometimes, the KM/L changes to Miles per gallon and also sometimes the 911 alert is turned off. I also heard that all backup cameras are now on recall. Argggggg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car was in shop all day. Could not fix. Next step he said change both motors, whatever that means.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh wow, that sounds crazy! We are taking ours in tomorrow morning. Now I'm afraid of what they will say! I will report back when I see what they do.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is the grayed out issue occured after awhile?

·
Registered
2020 Escape
163 Posts
I am taking to dealer on Tuesday. View attachment 77621
With it gray out like that it almost seems like the option was disabled. Maybe one of the configurations is been “forgotten” by one of the modules.

It does happen. My 17 F250 forgot what transmission was in the truck. It went into limp mode. The dealer reprogrammed the PCM to fix it.

I don’t see how changing the motors will clear the gray out issue. I believe there is a module that controls that function.

I don’t have my list of modules from Forscan handy. But if I have a chance, I’ll connect to my 2020 SEL and see what I can find. But it probably be some over the weekend before I can get to it.

it will be interesting to see what they find.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts