2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took our car in this morning. They fixed it, they replaced a switch that was in the middle at the top (inside) of the lift gate. Took them about an hour, they happened to have a switch in stock. It is working for now at least! By the way this is a 2020 Escape SEL AWD

·
Registered
2020 Escape
157 Posts
Can you look at your work order and post the part number of the switch. I’m curious to see where it is located. Glad it wasn’t a module.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately my husband didn't get a copy of the work order. Supposedly it should be added to the report online for our vehicle, but hasn't been entered yet. I also stand corrected it may have been the latch itself on the lift gate. If they don't add the info to our online account, I will contact them to see if they will send me a copy of the work order.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
157 Posts
Thanks. I’m very curious how the cured the inability to select it in the vehicle settings.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
157 Posts
Thanks. Glad they got it fixed. Interesting they had to go to engineer for the additional troubleshooting and the fix.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Well that was annoying. I'm glad it got fixed though. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Reactions: huegerip

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And it did it again!! I lost my liftgate. At least they know how to reset it now but I can’t keep losing my gate!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
And it did it again!! I lost my liftgate. At least they know how to reset it now but I can’t keep losing my gate!!
A few more times and you can claim a lemon here

21 - 32 of 32 Posts