2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon gentleman. I have a 2013 Ford Escape, I had a check engine light come on . After having it read, it came back I believe 0887. Which was high speed injection pump or low pressure sensor. The reason I doubt this is when I fuel up, always fill it all the way up . I have to put the nozzle in n out like I am relieving pressure the nozzle will cut off 2 or 3 times before it will fill tank . The real puzzler that led to this is it will run excellent till I fill it up ,then have to crank it 3 to 7 times ,runs rough then smooth out till next fill up. 1.6 turbo boost. SEL

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I searched for this code (0887) and the P0887 code shows that it is related to a failure relating to the transmission control module, which doesn't sound like is related to your issue. Please verify the code and post the exact code here for comment. With codes, the devil is definitely in the details!

Without further knowledge or troubleshooting, I'm thinking your problem may either be with the EVAPORATIVE system, or some sort of failure in the fuel tank venting system.

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium 2.0L
45 Posts
Good afternoon gentleman. I have a 2013 Ford Escape, I had a check engine light come on . After having it read, it came back I believe 0887. Which was high speed injection pump or low pressure sensor. The reason I doubt this is when I fuel up, always fill it all the way up . I have to put the nozzle in n out like I am relieving pressure the nozzle will cut off 2 or 3 times before it will fill tank . The real puzzler that led to this is it will run excellent till I fill it up ,then have to crank it 3 to 7 times ,runs rough then smooth out till next fill up. 1.6 turbo boost. SEL
That may be the evaporative emissions system. They don't like to be topped up. It has trouble dealing with fuel vapor recovery. My Mustang does the same thing. Hard to accurately determine mileage without filling absolutely full, though. Kind of a Catch-22.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts