2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I don't understand is I purchased a 2014 Ford Escape with 69,000 miles on it Apr 14th, 2019. I haven't driven it for at least a month now because a message came up service transmission now. It revs up but won't move. If you turn it off and wait a minute it will jump into gear while it's in park and then go a little further before it slips out of gear again. I have 89,000 miles on it right now. I did not get the extended warranty because I didn't think a newer car like that would have problems like that so soon. They are recalling some Escapes but my VIN is not on the list. Why isn't Ford owning up to these faulty transmissions and fixing them?

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
What I don't understand is I purchased a 2014 Ford Escape with 69,000 miles on it Apr 14th, 2019. I haven't driven it for at least a month now because a message came up service transmission now. It revs up but won't move. If you turn it off and wait a minute it will jump into gear while it's in park and then go a little further before it slips out of gear again. I have 89,000 miles on it right now. I did not get the extended warranty because I didn't think a newer car like that would have problems like that so soon. They are recalling some Escapes but my VIN is not on the list. Why isn't Ford owning up to these faulty transmissions and fixing them?
You posted in 4G section. Your vehicle is 3G.

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts
First thing to do would be check the transmission fluid level. There's no dipstick so it's not an easy task- this thread will help 6F35 Level Plug Location

1 - 4 of 4 Posts