2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to keep my Escape clean since I moved to apartment? I have two assigned parking spaces, both under trees that shed leaves which go between the hood and windshield and clog the vent air intake. I would rather not use a cover that goes over the whole car.

Also any suggestions for a car vac that runs on its own rechargeable battery?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Been a minute since you posted, but what the heck? I'll answer.

I lived in apartment for years and my vehicles weren't garaged. For the cowl (the area at the base of the windshield where it takes in air for the cabin), you're going to have to clean it out once in a while. You should anyway, because all sorts of stuff gets in there without you knowing. I suppose you could put something over just that spot, but you'd have to take it off every time you drive, and the wind could take it.

For a decent, battery powered vacuum, I would check the usual places. Amazon, Best Buy, etc., and maybe Home Depot or the like would have something heavier duty. But all you'd really need is something with a hose and some attachments that has decent suction. Otherwise, if you're near a car wash, you can use their vacuums. Expect to pay over $100 for anything battery that works without disappointment. Vacuums aren't cheap these days!

Reactions: Tall Timbers
1 - 3 of 3 Posts