2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am looking to get a new Escape within the next few weeks. When I got my last 2 ford's I negotiated based on having the trade in, and getting a warranty etc. In doing more research over the years I learned I should do things separate.

I figured a good estimate of the dealer invoice and holdback, the dealer themselves have a discount of around 4% (which seems to be the holdback %) to start with (among with the current ford incentives)

Is it recommended to exclude the dealer discount when bargaining?
They have $750 in trade in bonus (so they know I will be trading in ). I also tend to get the Premium Care and want the triple care- any tips on those?
I have used the premium care on 2 cars and it has more than paid for itself.

Also, I read where they have certain promos- friends and family/employee pricing during the summer sometimes- I found equations on those as well on the web.
Thanks in advance for yourhelp I can provide more specifics if needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would focus on the out the door price and use costco and x-plan pricing as a baseline. Be aware that the Louisville Escape plant has had a bit of downtime due to the microchip shortage so you may not be able to get as much as you think. Anecdotally I got a 2020 Titanium Hybrid in star white with moon roof for $29k + TTL in California back in November.

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid with Premium Package Agate Black Metallic with Black Leather
41 Posts
Hello everyone, I am looking to get a new Escape within the next few weeks. When I got my last 2 ford's I negotiated based on having the trade in, and getting a warranty etc. In doing more research over the years I learned I should do things separate.

I figured a good estimate of the dealer invoice and holdback, the dealer themselves have a discount of around 4% (which seems to be the holdback %) to start with (among with the current ford incentives)

Is it recommended to exclude the dealer discount when bargaining?
They have $750 in trade in bonus (so they know I will be trading in ). I also tend to get the Premium Care and want the triple care- any tips on those?
I have used the premium care on 2 cars and it has more than paid for itself.

Also, I read where they have certain promos- friends and family/employee pricing during the summer sometimes- I found equations on those as well on the web.
Thanks in advance for yourhelp I can provide more specifics if needed.
If you can wait to purchase I would do that. From everything I have read and talking to my salesman who I purchased my 2020 Escape from most new cars are going at or above MSRP, there is just no inventory. I'm in California and I spoke with him yesterday they currently have two escape's on the lot and they won't get any inventory until July. I lucked out and purchased a pre-owned 2020 with 5300 miles on it back in March. I was being fussy and I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did or I would just be racking up miles on my leased fusion. Using costco as a baseline is a great place to start, if you are going to be getting a service plan that's just bonus money for them. Negotiate the out the door price as low as possible.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I would go with a company other then the Dealer for your ESP Ford Warranty, I have used FloodfordESP.com for my extended Ford Warranties a couple of times, I always get the Premium Care with 0 deductible. I have found dealers are much more willing to fix your vehicle with 0 deductible because they know the customer isn't shelling out $50 or $100 every repair.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Step 1 join Mustang club of America to get x-plan.
Step 2. 90 days later use x-plan for no nonsense bargaining. U can also stack manufacturers rebates.
Step 3 get your extended warranty and whatnot elsewhere on line.
Step 4. Enjoy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for your replies. I did notice so far in May the incentives as expected aren't what they were in previous years. I am going to do some more test drives (tried the SE and SEL's last summer) and see if they have any Memorial Day promos that start on SEl or Titanium. I don't really regret not buying last summer as in 10 months I have only driven several hundred miles (90% less than normal).

·
Registered
2020 escape se awd
51 Posts
I would think that depending in what part of the country you are in you car has become more valuable which may offset any dealer increase in price. Used cars prices are rising and as long as there are parts shortages they should continue to do so. Might this be the new normal! mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts