2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

461 - 480 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
That's about right for 74 mph. The only option for a retune would be something like an SCT Eco tune. But keep in mind that most of these tuners specialize in power, and that you would need to offset the cost of the tune with your mpg gains.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Where did you find that 231 ponies figure? From Ford, or other source. If that figure is correct, I will always put 91 octane in my 2.0L Ecoboost and hope I will come close to 240HP.
Thanks

HKS
I found that info diirectly on Ford's website (ford.ca) in the tech specs

·
Registered
37 Posts
I average 26.5 - 27.0 for the week commuting, BUT I always set the cruise @ 67mph, and I try to stay off the turbo.

Mostly highway... city driving kills it.

that is computer calculated, and still trying to increase it.... :cool

·
Registered
208 Posts
Gas MPG

Went over the road about 500 miles and was getting 26-27mpg with the A/C on most of the time.

So I was happy about that. I have the 2015 Tititum Turbo 2.0 Does that sound about right?

Also some on the drive was over hillie and winding roads...

jnc123

·
Registered
567 Posts
My last two tank fulls got me 28 mpg. That is city / highway / stop-n-go traffic and with A/C

I did recently change my PCV hose for the "In Cabin Smell" issue which cured the smell and people say it improves MPG. Old hose RUBBER NEW hose accordion plastic type.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
we've settled into a routine with our 2014 escape with 2.0EB, FWD

the wife gets 9.5l/100km or 25 mpg on her daily commute some hwy, some stop n go, some city.

the best I've acheived was 33mpg when i was hypermiling over 100km distance. (that was with 4 ppl and luggage on moderate hills, net zero elevation gain)

for comparison, my Mustang GT with the 5.0L v8 (420hp) gets me 15 L/100km or 16mpg, however i do drive it harder.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One more query. Sorry I'm new to the forum and not fully aware of where to post (apologies if this is a wrong section).

I have monitored the fuel consumption for my Ford Escape after refueling a few times. It gives an average of 426 in 50 l of fuel.

is this good enough for a 2015 model?

Mixed driving conditions - highways + traffic signals.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
I meant 426 km in 50 lit.
Welcome to the forum, nashama, please always let us know what engine/drivetrain you have when you post questions so we don't have to dig for that
;) :)

So, that works out to 20mpg (11.7l/100km) ... others with the 2.5 engine have reported better, some worse, you can browse the thread for other's experience with that engine and whatever drive you have. FWD/AWD, fuel octane, terrain, driving habits, tire inflation, etc, etc will all affect the mileage you get .... it's very hard to get meaningful info comparing your mileage number to others, IMHO, but it sounds like you are 'in the ballpark'.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Centex,

Many thanks for the reply.

It is a FWD (Front Wheel drive) vehicle. I use Octane 87 fuel as recommended in the owner's manual. Tire pressure is 34 psi (though the sticker on the driver side door says 35 psi , it is recommended by the dealer to keep it either 33 or 34 psi considering the hot and humid climate in UAE). It has done over 20,800km. I got it when it had 18,300km on its Odometer.

I shall get more info regarding engine specifi'x, etc.

And one more thing I have noticed the mileage has increased gradually as i progressed thru a few refueling sessions (which is something good but i cannot figure out how/why this happened)

Regards

·
Registered
55 Posts
Centex,

How to find complete technical specification of my car? The owner's manual provided by the dealer is not model-specific at all. It applies to all variants of Ford Escapes. The dealer says he doesn't provide any car-specific catalog/manual. All Ford Escapes are sold out with the same owners manual.

How to know where this car was made?

Also, the mileage continues to improve. I cannot understand how this is happening but every time i refuel i can see my mileage beats the previous refill. Any thoughts?

Regards

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Latest trip

I just completed a 700 mile trip from Syracuse, NY to Boston, MA and back. I drive a '14 Titanium with AWD and a 2.0 engine. My vehicle just turned 18,400 miles on the odometer. I run the stock 18" tires with 35psi. I use 93 octane fuel, and Mobil 1 full synthetic oil. I always drive in sport mode and I have a K & N 57S intake system installed. On the highway, I set my cruise control at 70mph. I averaged 28MPG using the old fashioned method of mileage divided by gallons of gas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got a used 2013 2.0 SE (everything still stock) and was wondering if for the 15 GAL tank getting just shy under 300 miles (290) a tank is good???

... seems a little on the low side as my 2008 honda accord v-6 18 gal tank could get 415 miles without blinking.

Thanks,
1bryon1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think Ford hit a home run with the 2.0 Ecoboost. Dose not get near as good of mileage as my 2008 Escape hybrid, however its a lot more fun to drive and mileage is relative to every ones driving habits. I admit that I have a heavy foot and the price I have to pay is 17 mpg average. Oh well, the darn thing is just fun.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Holy crap! I just went over my bank statements in December to compare my new 2.0L to how much I was spending on the 5.7L RAM 1500 I traded in and so far I've spent approximately $70-80 less over a 10 day average. Pretty happy about that :)

Reactions: centex

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
Just more real world data for the thread

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just upgraded to a 2017 2.0. Here are my mileage results from our '13 and '14...

2013 1.6: 25.6 mpg
2014 2.0: 24.9 mpg

Fuel prices went down a lot during the time I owned the 2014 but if the prices had stayed the same I would have paid about $90 more to drive the 2.0 over the 1.6. Not a bad upgrade choice!

This was tracked manually. The onboard computer rarely was correct.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I get 26 mpg on my 2.5L. That includes my commute, which is an even mix of city and highway driving.

On long highway trips, I usually get 30-33 mpg depending on how much luggage/cargo is loaded.

·
Registered
47 Posts
on my AWD 2.0 turbo 2015 SE I get 24~city 29~highway 24.6 average about 1 mpg better than my 2.4 LE equipped Cobalt SS

461 - 480 of 511 Posts