2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Escape is not sounding a warning when cars pass by to the rear while the vehicle is in reverse. I can see vehicles in the camera pass by and some of the vehicles are moving fairly quickly.
Any ideas of why the warning will not sound off?
Thank you!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it equipped with cross traffic alert?
That's part of an option package.
If it does, control is under Vehicle Settings, Driver Assist.
Yes, it is fitted with that option. Only recently that it stopped warning.
Is there a setting in forscan that could be set to turn it off or on?

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,245 Posts
Technically yes, have you been playing with settings on your vehicle?
Have you checked via the cluster to see if someone turned it off?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Technically yes, have you been playing with settings on your vehicle?
Have you checked via the cluster to see if someone turned it off?
Yes, I did change settings through forscan after I had a new battery installed at the Ford dealership.
I changed the setting that disabled the start/stop function.
I also increased the number of turn signals used for lane changes.
Are there any other settings within body control module or any other module that affects the crossover warning?
Yes, under vehicle settings under driver assist, the warning is checked.
Thank you for your expertise!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Yes, I did change settings through forscan after I had a new battery installed at the Ford dealership.
I changed the setting that disabled the start/stop function.
I also increased the number of turn signals used for lane changes.
Are there any other settings within body control module or any other module that affects the crossover warning?
Yes, under vehicle settings under driver assist, the warning is checked.
Thank you for your expertise!
Perhaps you should go back into Forscan to see if you inadvertently turned the rear cross traffic alert function off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps you should go back into Forscan to see if you inadvertently turned the rear cross traffic alert function off.
I will look at that wiz, Which module is rear cross traffic alert under? Thank you 👍

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I will look at that wiz, Which module is rear cross traffic alert under? Thank you 👍
I am sorry as I do not have Forscan but someone here will know.
You could also go into settings and try a reset by turning off the cross traffic alert feature and then turning it back on again.
Also, probably a stupid question but do you have your seat belt on when reversing as I don't think it will work with it off?

Reactions: williambs55

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,245 Posts
The problem with using Forscan easy mode is that the changes may affect more than what they are supposed to or are just incorrect.
To use an example, when I turned the ice warning indicator on using easy mode on my 2014 Fusion Hybrid's cluster it disabled my heat and threw a DTC because it couldn't find the PTC heater (the setting was really for an Fusion Energi). I had to use AB mode to make the change correctly.
Turn signal change probably isn't your problem, I'm going to guess it's in the disabling of the auto start/stop.
It's easy enough to find out if the changes are responsible, backup your current config and reload the modules with the factory AB. If it starts working again it's your change in the logic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am sorry as I do not have Forscan but someone here will know.
You could also go into settings and try a reset by turning off the cross traffic alert feature and then turning it back on again.
Also, probably a stupid question but do you have your seat belt on when reversing as I don't think it will work with it off?
I have done all the above recommendations. Turning off cross over alert and turning it back on. My seat belt is always on.
We’ll see tomorrow if it’s working 😉
Thank you wiz!

Reactions: wiz043

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have done all the above recommendations. Turning off cross over alert and turning it back on. My seat belt is always on.
We’ll see tomorrow if it’s working 😉
Thank you wiz!
It seems to have worked, it being the reset of the cross traffic alert in forscan.
Dancing with joy👏

Reactions: wiz043
1 - 11 of 11 Posts