2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received E-Mail from NHTSA for Transmission cable or link failure resulting in roll away..Parts not yet available....will receive letter in mail ..

· Registered
727 Posts
Here's an article on it.
Some highlights:
June 15, 2022 — A Ford gear shifter cable bushing recall involves more than 3.3 million of these vehicles at risk of rolling away even when shifted into PARK.
  • 2013-2019 Ford Escape
  • 2013-2018 Ford C-Max
  • 2013-2016 Ford Fusion
  • 2013-2021 Ford Transit Connect
  • 2015-2018 Ford Edge
Ford expects to mail shifter cable bushing recall letters June 27, 2022.
Ford's gear shifter bushing recall number is 22S43.

Reactions: KY.BORN

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anybody know where this bushing or link is located??. Is it accessed from the top by the trans. filler tube or under the console shifter...or somewhere in between..??

· Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,926 Posts
Right on top the tranny where the cable connects.
This is actually changed from the previous recall to change the bushing again since evidently the previous material evidently didn't handle dirt and grit very well along with adding a protective cap to keep grit out.

· Registered
311 Posts
The 2018 recall covered build dates through 9/15/2013 and my build date was 9/18/2013. No letter yet but I will be watching for one.

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just received my letter from Ford saying parts wont be available until 4th quarter this year..Will send another letter when they arrive to make an appointment with my dealer..

· Premium Member
1,248 Posts
I got my notice on July 15th/22 on the 22S43 recall. It said I will be notified when parts are available. Has anyone in Canada had the recall performed, I mean it's been 3 months. :mad:

Reactions: Marcotic

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my notice on July 15th/22 on the 22S43 recall. It said I will be notified when parts are available. Has anyone in Canada had the recall performed, I mean it's been 3 months. :mad:
They said the newer type bushings wont be available until the 4th quarter of this year, so we just entered that period now..Should be soon.. Yea right....

· Registered
2017 Titanium Sport Appearance Package - Black - K&N cold air, cherry bomb exhaust, Boomba BOVA
21 Posts
Hey Moneypit! Not sure if you got yours done yet, I was waiting for the second letter to say parts were available and decided to just call the dealer by my house today (Maclin Ford), they said they have them and got me booked in for the 15th. I live in Calgary AB, not sure about you, but maybe call 1 or 2 and see if they can get you in right away! :)

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just received my letter saying parts are now in stock at my local dealers..Think I'll wait till after X-Mass..Probably mobs of people will be rushing in there now meaning longer wait times...

· Registered
22 Posts
I just had mine done. However I now have a vibration it was not there when I dropped it off for repair. The vibration has happens with engine running . , foot on brake, in any gear, except for neutral or park. I do not see how this repair could’ve caused that issue, yet It was not there before the repair. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just had mine done. However I now have a vibration it was not there when I dropped it off for repair. The vibration has happens with engine running . , foot on brake, in any gear, except for neutral or park. I do not see how this repair could’ve caused that issue, yet It was not there before the repair. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Did you call the service dept. back as soon as you got home to report this?....Since it wasn't there before, take it back and tell them..They might have loosened a connection or similar, while getting to the bushing.

· Registered
22 Posts
Yes I called on the way home. He did not think it could cause it but forwarded me to an advisor that has yet to return call. I am now thinking engine related as when I apply
200rpm more it seems to settle out. But still, was not there prior but could be a new unrelated issue. Does not seem any settings were programmed for this type repair. Plan to put my scanner on it and check.

· Registered
31 Posts
I was told by Ford dealer an oil change and the recall, with an appointment, would take about 4 and a half hours. Are you sure they did the recall for you?
Yes. The bushing replacement is about a 20 to 30 min. job. They just remove the air cleaner box and the cable is right there.

· Registered
3 Posts
Question for y'alI... I have a 2017 Escape Titanium, my trans went in June '21 at 2 and half years of owning, 72k miles (was a dealer service loaner, just under 2,000 miles when I got it)...got it replaced, this recall came a year later, got denied for a refund request on the original replacement since the recall was only for the cable bushing...
Just wondering if I'm getting screwed and should try to elevate this or if this is the way it is and i'm SOL. My dealer has been kind of a crapshoot since the pandemic, so much turnover in the service dept, not a lot of knowledge there...thanks!

· Registered
91 Posts
Question for y'alI... I have a 2017 Escape Titanium, my trans went in June '21 at 2 and half years of owning, 72k miles (was a dealer service loaner, just under 2,000 miles when I got it)...got it replaced, this recall came a year later, got denied for a refund request on the original replacement since the recall was only for the cable bushing...

Just wondering if I'm getting screwed and should try to elevate this or if this is the way it is and i'm SOL. My dealer has been kind of a crapshoot since the pandemic, so much turnover in the service dept, not a lot of knowledge there...thanks!
Did you origionally have just the bushing itself or the complete cable replaced?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts