2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When on this site I get sent message, My computer is infected and not up to date and I must update my system.
This happens after being on here about 3 minutes. Anyone have any idea how to stop this,
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Never had this issue. How long has it been going on? Have you tried malware bytes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been about 3 weeks. Off and on problem. Hasn't happened today. Yesterday, every 3 minutes it happened.
Have not tried malware bytes. will look into it.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
I suggest running a full scan of your system via malwarebytes. in the meantime, don't click on any of those windows. You can hit these keys together ctrl alt del and then close the browser via the task manager.

It appears you have some malware on your computer.

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
Check your Windows update is turned on and up to date as well.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
OR, This could be totally FAKE. Just wanting you to update so it call install malware. The above mentioned steps are GOOD too. Good Luck :)

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
OR, This could be totally FAKE. Just wanting you to update so it call install malware. The above mentioned steps are GOOD too. Good Luck :)
Malware that is benign other than to get you to install addtional malware is still malware, it is not fake. It is often the first step of an infection. Kind of like a cough and runny nose before the fever sets in.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
Ran the Malware Bytes.
Report says nothing found.
No more redirects so far.
MHG
Great! Your post reminded me that not too long ago I was helping someone clean their computer of a virus similar to what you described. I ran Malwarebytes, it said it didn't find anything, but the malware was gone... and did not return. I guess Malwarebytes should be quicker to take credit ;)

·
FordEscape Admin
1,075 Posts
Hey all!

To best help us find and fight any malicious information we need some help from y'all when you report this.
  • Your device & Version:
  • OS & Version:
  • Browser & Extensions:
  • Screenshot of the error:
  • URL it rerouted you to:
I see a lot of that info here and it is all helpful, but the more we have the better we can qualify our protections to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for any help
-Gerrit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts