2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Escape SE with the technology package. I can remote start it from my phone with the Ford app. My laser cut key is a four button key - lock - unlock - panic - open hatch. Is there a way to remote start the vehicle just using my key? A button pattern that will start it remotely?

·
Registered
285 Posts
A key-activated remote start requires a different key/fob entirely. There is a specific button just for remote starting, not a special button combination. See pg 48 of the owner's manual

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
1,001 Posts
I have remote start on my 2017 Titanium. The key fob has from bottom to top: panic, hatch, unlock, lock, and engine start. To start the engine you press lock once then press start the engine twice.

It seems your key fob does not include the remote start feature. To use the remote start from the key fob I have to be so close to the vehicle that it really isn't very useful. I like the remote start via the app because you can start the vehicle no matter the distance. On other Ford vehicles, the remote start that is installed after delivery that requires a separate small fob works at greater distances than mine so is a little more useful.

Reactions: WhiteGhost
1 - 4 of 4 Posts