2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Repetitive clicking between 35 and 60mph

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  emc2983 
#1 ·
Hi All,
We just purchased a 2013 Escape SE AWD with the 2.0 eco boost engine. It has 143000 miles but has been with one owner and meticulously cared for. All seemed well but then we started noticing a consistent clicking noise that is too regular to be a loose panel flapping. It only starts at 35mph and then is no longer audible (sounds like it goes away) at 60mph. Sounds like it’s coming from both front tires, might be slightly more audible on the driver side. No extra noise related to turning; it is the same regardless of accelerating or slowing down. We have had Midas assess the drive shafts and they all appear to be fine. They also tried everything with the brakes (which are all relatively new) and can definitively say it’s not brake related. Everything else is performing perfectly and no errors/warnings show up with computer analysis. Any thoughts?

#6 ·
I have a 2019 and I notice some weird (clicking/rattling/etc.) noises while cruising at several different speeds. In my case, it seems to be mostly related to interior trim pieces vibrating or rubbing against each other, or other objects inside the car doing the same (e.g. for example a water bottle in the door compartment can surprisingly give off an unusual vibration sound at speed under the right circumstances). The ride isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be, but I do have the 19 inch wheel sport package, so it's probably a little rougher than it would be with taller tires...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.