2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home yesterday, I got caught behind a "mower" which, besides cutting all the weeds/grass down, it has a new bonus feature -> picks up all the trash on the side of the road, and throws it directly in the lane of travel.

So, on my lovely new FE with only 2k on the clock, something flew up and hit the lower plastic panel. Now, I know that's what they are there for, and glad it was there to prevent any real damage...but eventually, I would like to replace that one panel.

What I need:
Passenger Front Door Lower Plastic Panel Part#
Removal/Installation Instructions of this Panel.

Thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
You can probably order this stuff through the dealership. I doubt there would be anywhere else you can find it at the moment, like a scrap yard.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
The Escapes are selling still like hot cakes, to get some parts like that it may be on back order for a bit. But sometimes if you have a friend at a body shop and wouldn't mind doing a solid, they can get the parts too.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you look at the KUGA aftermarket parts that are talked about in another thread, there is pretty affordable chrome parts that you can use to replace the stock parts on the Ford Escape. They look nice anyway, but if you really need to replace stuff anyway I think that it is something worth looking into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone comment on which FE models have the chromed out ribs of the front grille? I like the look but have not seen any on the street? My '14 titanium 2.0 tuxedo black FE does not have them...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Can anyone comment on which FE models have the chromed out ribs of the front grille? I like the look but have not seen any on the street? My '14 titanium 2.0 tuxedo black FE does not have them...
Those are standard on the SE, SEL (2013), and Titanium, unless you get the tuxedo black option. Matte black are standard on the S, but the fake chrome is an option. I don't see many tuxedo black one around me at all. They're all chrome, which I don't like, so I covered mine with matte black vinyl.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The 14 Escape has a Chrome pkg that has the chrome ribs on the front.. they have chrome on the door handles, side mirrors and back door I think and special wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I'm new at this so please bare with me. I purchased a 2002 Escape XLT SUV for my son who is home from college. The gray plastic trim molding on the front passenger door was bent causing the door not to open correctly. In an attempt to fix this my husband and son have really messed it up! They attempted to melt the rubber, so in the process have damaged the molding next to it that goes around the wheel! I found the door trim molding part #20878 at a junk yard (better than $138.00 at the dealer) the gentleman there is supposed to call me when he gets off the car that it's on. He did not have the other part (16038B-dealer cost $111.00), but I can wait to find one, it's not too bad! My question is how to remove the molding and how to attach the new (previously used) molding?

IMG_2777.JPG

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. I'm new at this so please bare with me. I purchased a 2002 Escape XLT SUV for my son who is home from college. The gray plastic trim molding on the front passenger door was bent causing the door not to open correctly. In an attempt to fix this my husband and son have really messed it up! They attempted to melt the rubber, so in the process have damaged the molding next to it that goes around the wheel! I found the door trim molding part #20878 at a junk yard (better than $138.00 at the dealer) the gentleman there is supposed to call me when he gets off the car that it's on. He did not have the other part (16038B-dealer cost $111.00), but I can wait to find one, it's not too bad! My question is how to remove the molding and how to attach the new (previously used) molding?

IMG_2777.JPG
Hi Joywall8 - Too bad about the mess up! Unfortunately, this forum is for 2013/14 Escapes - sorry! There are other Ford Escape discussion groups, however. Good luck to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts