2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 SE Sport Hybrid With Sync
Purchased 12/18.

I did not purchase/receive the remote start fob.

I’ve been using the FordPass app (Apple iOS) to remotely start the engine.

The literature for the app states one can use it to schedule a remote start, but my version of the app—which seems to be up to date—seems to lack this functionality.

I found videos onYouTube that even demo the functionality—“Tap on Vehicle Details, then scroll down to Schedule Remote Start...”. Well, it’s not on my app.

Before I try to contact Ford or my dealer, I figured I’d ask here:

Anyone encountered this?
Could I be lacking a requirement for the scheduling capability?
Has the scheduling feature been removed?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
On Ford Pass app for my 2018, there is a section under the oil status that talks about scheduled starts. I have none but it appears it is in this location that you can schedule. Do you have this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm using FordPass with my 17 Escape. I don't use scheduled starts, however on mine it is located under vehicle details tab, your vehicle tab, it is next item after oil life remaining. I had reloaded the app couple of weeks ago, I was missing a few things, no idea where they went. Still don't have the rewards points, I think it's a glitch with the latest update? Did used to have it iirc.

·
Super Moderator
722 Posts
My Fordpass is the android version. I can schedule starts under the vehicle details tab. So the function hasn't been removed.

Can anyone who uses apple phones verify that they have "schedule remote start" functionality?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
BB870482-AA2A-4527-9DB0-0E936E40E2A3.png

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again,
I called the Ford connect phone number. The rep took my info and put me on hold (politely). After not too long a time he said the answer appears to be that the scheduled start capability is not on the 2020’s yet.
If any of you have a 2020 or (especially) if you have an Escape SE, please let us know whether you’ve got the capability. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a 2020 gas Titanium and the scheduled start capability is on my FordPass app ( Android ) ; between Oil Life and Glove Box as per ralph7up's post above.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Following my phone call to Ford‘s custoemr service. Line, I suspected the (friendly) Rep didn’t really know the answer any more than me. ,so, I sent an email to Ford asking the same question. Today, I received the following answer, mainly a template response, but it contains a believable answer.
In short, remote start is not available, yet, on my vehicle, but will be in a few months,

Email text:

Thank you for contacting the FordPass team. My name is Ryan and as your Guide, I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry!

I apologize for the delayed response. Our Members are very important to us and answering you in a timely manner is a priority as well. In addition, making sure our Members are able to use the FordPass application with ease is definitely a top priority. I assure you that I want to work with you to get your issue resolved.

At this time, the scheduled remote start feature is not available in 2020 vehicles until a few months from now. My apologies for any inconvenience. I recommend checking back in the spring and keeping an eye on your message center within the app for additional updates. My apologies for any inconvenience.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to a Guide. We are here to help!
In addition to email, you may also contact us via the following:
  • Phone - Tap the Guides icon within the FordPass app and tap Call a Guide
  • Live Chat - Tap the Guides icon within the FordPass app and tap Chat with a Guide
  • Website - Our FordPass support site is also a great resource available 24/7 - https://www.fordpass.com/en_us/support.html
Our business hours are Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST and Friday - Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST.
Thank you for contacting FordPass. We appreciate your inquiry!
Regards,
Ryan
FordPass Team | Ford Motor Company

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2020 SE Sport Hybrid With Sync
Purchased 12/18.

I did not purchase/receive the remote start fob.

I’ve been using the FordPass app (Apple iOS) to remotely start the engine.

The literature for the app states one can use it to schedule a remote start, but my version of the app—which seems to be up to date—seems to lack this functionality.

I found videos onYouTube that even demo the functionality—“Tap on Vehicle Details, then scroll down to Schedule Remote Start...”. Well, it’s not on my app.

Before I try to contact Ford or my dealer, I figured I’d ask here:

Anyone encountered this?
Could I be lacking a requirement for the scheduling capability?
Has the scheduling feature been removed?

Thanks.
I’m pleased to say how today I noted the “scheduled start” feature has been added to my Ford Pass app. I tried it out; car started fine.

i also have a suggestion for Ford: After the car starts, the Ford Pass app ”Start” button still displays “Start”, when it should probably change to “Stop” after the scheduled start.

i pressed the “Start” button (press and hold) until the button label changed to “Stop”, then pressed and held again to finally stop the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts