2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Escape SE 2.5L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2016 Escape 2.5L. Is it possible to remove the rev limit and speed limit at all? I didn't see the option in the focccus program when I changed the fog lights with the brights. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,432 Posts
You'd need to get someone to write a specific tune for your engine eg. Livernois Motorsports etc.

The only device I've seen that you could do it DIY would be the HP Tuners MPVI 2 - if your engine is supported. It can access the areas where aftermarket tuners make their changes. Of course that's a very dangerous device to be playing around with if you don't know what you're doing.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to remove the rev limiter? It's there to keep you from floating a valve and, unless you have a modified valve train (cam and/or stronger valve springs) , there no point in removing it since you will most likely not make any additional power beyond the limiter.

The speed limiter is another story since that's set based on the OEM tire recommendations. Do you have H speed rated or higher rated tires?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts